Hello

409fornow

I am a "newbie' to the forum world .My name is 409fornow and I am crazy about cars. I currently am blessed to have 2 1962 Belair sport coupes. I am building one right now for the F.A.S.T. series of racing. It is a frame off resto with a 482 cube 409. When I figure out how to post photos I will show all who care to see. Anyway, feel kind of silly right now talking about myself , so see ya'll 'round the computer.:dunno

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard 409fornow. There is a lot of info and a great group of enthusiast here. We all love pictures so post them when you can.

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard 409fornow:beerbang Look forward to those pic's and is the other 62 done:dunno and whats powering that one/or what are your plans. Ken

409fornow

power and plans

Welcome aboard 409fornow:beerbang Look forward to those pic's and is the other 62 done:dunno and whats powering that one/or what are your plans. Ken
The "other" 62 is a very solid driver and thats what I do on dry days...drive it. It has a 327 and a turbo 350. Its s got mostly original paint ( very little left though ) . I bought it because I rarely see good ones that are not a lot of money. This one gets more attention than some of my finished cars and my friends cars. We think its because people see the car stock , with endless possibilities . They see the car done their way. Anyway I think I will probably enjoy it the way it is. Will post photos asap.

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I am a "newbie' to the forum world .My name is 409fornow and I am crazy about cars. I currently am blessed to have 2 1962 Belair sport coupes. I am building one right now for the F.A.S.T. series of racing. It is a frame off resto with a 482 cube 409. When I figure out how to post photos I will show all who care to see. Anyway, feel kind of silly right now talking about myself , so see ya'll 'round the computer.:dunno
Welcome, but you need to tell us, where in New York.... Give a Major city at the very least.:roll:roll:roll

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I currently am blessed to have 2 1962 Belair sport coupes. I am building one right now for the F.A.S.T. series of racing.

Welcome to the site!:beerbang

I think most of the guys are familiar with the FAST series of racing. The short version of the rules is the car must look and sound absolutely stock and it must run on factory sized street tires, no cheater slicks.

Anyway, several of the cars are running in the tens and a few weeks ago a Boss 429 Mustang ran a 9.8 :deal I'm really amazed by the times some of these guys are turning.

Of course many of the cars are smallblocks or just too heavy to compete with the front runners but it seems that the main goal is to get your car to run as quick as you can.

Here's a picture of that 9 second Mustang.

Attachments

• 09MPET-cary1-W600.gif
    09MPET-cary1-W600.gif
    89.3 KB · Views: 19