Hello! Looking forward to getting to know all about 348-409s!

Tim3927

Hi! I'm excited to be building a stroked 348" for my retirement Gasser project! I own a '65 348" X-block engine that I heard run in the C60 oil tank truck that I bought it out of a couple of years ago. The engine is still complete on a stand, with fresh antifreeze and relatively clean oil. Plans for it include a 4" stroke crank with custom pistons and replacement cylinder heads with a solid roller. I'm looking forward to learning the nuances of the W-motor. (I've been drag racing with 350 and 400 SBCs, and I'm looking for a little more unique engine offering!

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Unique Engine is putting it mildly, Lol Welcome and yes you have found the best place for building and maintaining that W motor. I guarantee you will get an answer for all your questions here!!

Tim3927

Thanks, 409gang! I'm looking forward to meeting all the members on-line, and I hope to meet you at a dragstrip when I get my car finished. (I just saw your bio, and I think I may have met you last October at the ADRL event at WWT Raceway at Gateway,,,! I was taking photos of the Gassers for the Nostalgia Gassers Racing Association.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks, 409gang! I'm looking forward to meeting all the members on-line, and I hope to meet you at a dragstrip when I get my car finished. (I just saw your bio, and I think I may have met you last October at the ADRL event at WWT Raceway at Gateway,,,! I was taking photos of the Gassers for the Nostalgia Gassers Racing Association.
Tim were you the photographer who was driving (I think a 59) the survivor, if so yes we did meet I had my Nova there with the Nostalgia Gassers.