Hello group, i am a muscle car junkie

Harry Vanderveen

is there a 3 step plan for this ism? LOL, had a 66 caprice ,283 3 speed for my first car in 78, drove it for 4 months to my first job, bought a late model gmc pick up and sold the car, fast forward to now and had a itch for the past few years to have a big block car (have a all original 79 z28 still) and found a 65 impala ss v8 car that has been stripped and suffered from the remorse of 2 diferent owners that lost interest in rebuilding it. i do not have all the details for the car but it was born a Oshawa plant car with a 2 speed and V8 maron with gold brown interior( cant remember the name of the colours right now). It ended up being shipped to BC where it spent most of its life until it found its way back to eastern Ontario where it will start to come back to life! I plan on finding a 2 speed to put back in it and want to build a 409 / 425hp , colour change is in the works but have not decided yet. any help in procuring 409 parts for this build would be apriciated as well as opinions on where to buy quality rear quarters as well as front lower rear patch panels would be a great start ! thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give . Harry

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site! :beer
There are quite a few members here that are from Ontario. I'm up in Barrie.

A 409 would be really cool in that 65
There's a lot of 409 powered 65's out there.

Red looks good on 65 Impalas. :D :beer

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
:burnoutWelcome to the site, I love the 65's and a 409 would be icing on the cake. Good luck and you will get a lot of help from these guys, just ask em these guys are sharp.......:wax

RED65

Well Known Member
Welcome aboard, You will get all the answers you need from these guys. They have forgotten more than I know. And yes red does look good. LOL.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome Harry!!! Sorry to inform you......the tin man is in Kansas with Dorothy and Toto!!!!!!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Harry:

Welcome to the best forum for advise and direction related to both these cars and that unique "W" engine!

I have a date coded 1965 passenger car engine, the high perf version with the large port heads, that I removed from my driver 1962 Belair. I took it apart, inspected everything, rebuilt the heads and am just now putting it back together. I was thinking it needs to be mated back up with a 1965 passenger car, but I don't collect those so I'll likely try to find a buyer for it over the winter months. Let me know if you are interested and we can discuss.

IMG_8983.JPG

I do love that mid year body style, can't wait to see pictures of your project :).

Cheers!
TomK

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Hi Harry
Welcome from Ontario's west coast and another 409 guy........lotsa great info here and the
best group around and they are.....well.....you know........GEARHEADS........:hug

Definitely a 409 for that 65........:cool:.....we recently finished a 63 conversion to a 409-425 4 speed
and the transformation was a lot of work but couldn't have been done without help from here.

Phil Reed in KC can supply you with a lot of stuff ......:deal.....AND he ships via the Post Office which as I'm
sure you know is a major benefit when shipping to Canada.........:beer

:cheers
bj

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:welcome The guys on this site are very, very sharp about W motors and related parts. I have already learned a lot from just reading the posts here and speaking as someone who is new to the 409 world I will say they have been very good about answering what some would think "stupid" questions.

As far as parts go I have already located quality stuff for my 409 through this site and have been treated very well, the guys here are honest about what they have but they also know what its worth. You might have a bit of sticker shock at times:shock1 but I think I can honestly say you won't be taken advantage of.

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If interested:
I have GM NOS 656 passenger hipo fitted short block
583 heads ready to go
GM aluminum intake and carb for 400 hp 409
1965 correct 4 spd shifter for bench seat car
Burlington, Ontario
Kevin Quik9r