Hello from the Midwest

49Chevrolet3100

Hello all. I have a 56 Chevy truck that I am looking to put a stock 348 or a 409 into. It currently has an early 1950 216 with bent pushrods and missing sheet metal. I have always liked the 348/409 engines and being new to the classic car hobby I have learned alot of useful information as I have began my search for these elusive engines. Thanks for all the information and I look forward to the adventure!

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Fun build. Welcome to crazy town. This forum is great and very helpful in your quest to learn and build. Ask lots of questions, post lots of photos of your build!

Reactions: 327

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
There's a fellow in Indiana that is selling several 348s and 409s. Haven't looked into it but they had several "starter" engines that looked more or less complete. I think that same seller has engines listed on Ebay?

Have you located a suitable engine as yet?

Welcome to the mad house :). There's more collective knowledge here than you 'll find in any other Forum!

Cheers! TomK

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome to this GREAT site 49Chevrolet3100, sounds like a cool project and NICE engine choice!!!!

49Chevrolet3100

There's a fellow in Indiana that is selling several 348s and 409s. Haven't looked into it but they had several "starter" engines that looked more or less complete. I think that same seller has engines listed on Ebay?

Have you located a suitable engine as yet?

Welcome to the mad house :). There's more collective knowledge here than you 'll find in any other Forum!

Cheers! TomK

Any chance you have a link or remember where you saw the information that he had for sale?

I have not found an engine yet but I am actively looking.

Iowa409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome, Great knowledge base........... keep your mind open to new ideas.........have patience finding the right parts.....for me the 348/409 and your wallet are interveinal connected. BUT when you get it all dialed in, you'll be very happy.