Hello from Nashville!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Nice ride! Can we see under the hood?

Also, tell me a little more about that garage floor, I'm always interested in how we house these beauties as well :).

Cheers!
TomK

drc409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Awesome ride. 'Agree with Tom K --- pop the hood for us.

If you're ever cruising 2 hours East on I40, give me a shout.

Doc King

Thanks for the compliments. This was originally a 283 car, but had a worn out 350 in it when I got my hands on it. I was originally going to rebuild the 350 when I found the 348 in Virginia. A guy built it for a hot rod he had and was never satisfied with the amount of power so he was pulling it out in favor of a 502 crate engine. I've had it up and running for about 3 months now....still shaking a few bugs out here and there. Had it's first interstate run to GoodGuys here in Nashville this weekend.

The garage is a corner of the place where my father keeps all his cars. I can't fit this boat into my garage, so he's made a space for mine.20160105_143647.jpg

Last edited:

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Looking great, but I would get rid of the air cleaners and get some K&N. those old style air cleaners will cost you a large amount of horse power, if you are into that sort of thing.:burnout
Or contact Jim Sullivan on this site -he makes custom air cleaners and the one for 348 with 3-2s looks like a factory air cleaner. He just made me one for a 3-2 set up that I just restored

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s