Hello From 69-er

69-er

Hello! First-time poster here. I've built a few Camaros and C10s but I will be restoring my first 63 Impala Super Sport. I've just started some preliminary planning at this stage.

I do have a question:

Can anybody share their favorite parts sources?

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to this great site 69-er. I had been getting my sheet metal from Hubbard’s, mainly because they deliver free to Carlisle. I bought the interior for my 62 from CARS. Many say Ciadella is good for interiors also. Raybuck Auto Body parts is an online Dynacorn distributor and has good prices and free shipping on non truck freight parts. As said, Show Cars has everything 348 & 409.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hello! First-time poster here. I've built a few Camaros and C10s but I will be restoring my first 63 Impala Super Sport. I've just started some preliminary planning at this stage.

I do have a question:

Can anybody share their favorite parts sources?
Welcome aboard. Bit of a loaded questions because that depends on what you need. Axle parts, brakes, wiring, engine internal or external....Interior or body... There is no such thing as one stop shopping. You will gather 20-30 different places you will buy from. Don't forget about Ebay, Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist. All of those can be searched by using www.Searchtempest.com
Just tell us about your build and what direction you are headed with it. Going all original? Want to build a mean street machine? Drag racing might be fun to do some bracket racing with us now and then. All of these have different and over lapping requirements. Doesn't matter where you are in the process, its fastest just to ask here like you just did.
First post some photos for us to get us all excited for you, then tell us your general dream. We will do our best to point you in the right direction. Also! Don't forget to use the SEARCH bar on the top left hand corner. Anything and everything you can image in just one search away. Good luck! :cool:

69-er

I will be restoring it for someone else. The engine is not original, so it will have a few added mods; Vintage Air, integral power steering, front disc brakes, and maybe a 700R4 to replace the Powerglide. The engine is a 350 Goodwrench crate. Just a couple thousand miles on it. I'll tear it down for inspection and replace parts as required. I don't expect to have any machine work done other than a cylinder wall deglaze.

The body is decent from what I can see in the driveway. The floors look good, the trunk bottom is shot along with the tail panel directly above the bumper. Bottom of the quarters and lower fenders are also rusted through.

It has SS emblems and with the bucket seats I would assume that its genuine, (of course, unless someone went through the trouble to install them). Did buckets only come with the SS package? Did all buckets come with a console?

I have a lot to do to get up-to-speed on the Impalas. I'm excited as I never built one before.

Well Known Member
Yes buckets only came with the SS package. 1963 was the first year for the floor console. If you can post your trim tag it will tell you more about the car and if it is a real SS.

Well Known Member
Trim 858-6-2 .... Original interior color is Saddle. Material type is vinyl Impala SS Coupe. Seat type Bucket. I don't know what -6-2 is. ???

Paint 934 .... Cordovan Brown. Acc M. ???

Carl 1962 should be able to help you decode the rest.

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
Thanks I hadn't gotten around to decoding it yet.
Thanks for posting the cowl tag photo, it's a cordovan brown SS Impala sport coupe built in the 2nd week of December 1962 at Janesville WI with saddle tan vinyl bucket seat interior, black vinyl roof (rare option - only 4,250 had it) and a powerglide transmission.

From the photos you've posted, the color is more gold than cordovan brown, but here's what cordovan brown looked like.

Cordovan brown.jpg