Hello All

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
My name Lonnie and I am Scott "Sample Block" Halls dad. Like many others who join this site, I have been "lurking" here for over a year. I finally got up the nerve to see if my limited 'puter skills would let me get here and I THINK I made it. Some of you I met at Thompson this year, and others I feel that I know just from reading the posts here every day.

I bought my first "W" in Feb 1961 and have loved them every since. I know I will have fun on this site. That's all for now, GLAD to be aboard.

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well Lonnie welcome out of the closet of lurking and hope to meet at next years event. You already have the benefit of meeting many of the regulars.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks Derry

Yes, I did meet quite a few of the regulars, and it was great!

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome aboard Lonnie :clap You will love it here .Great group of guys,as you already know. Hope to meet you at Thompson next year if it comes off.
:crazy:cheers

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks

Thanks to all of you. Sorry for being slow to acknowledge, just got back from Bowling Green Good Guys show. Had a great time, saw a lot of neat cars, plus yesterday we met up with Mike Bell and family. Great people. Tried to talk out his oil problem, but don't know if we made any headway. Again, THANKS to all!!

rfparente

64 Chevy impala 409 4 speed

Hello all,
Just wanted to join your group as a new "409"owner. I just took ownership of a frame off 64 Chevy Impala SS409 / 340hp 4 speed coupe (all orig. drivetrain) with 87,000 orig. miles. Car is correct Silver Blue with white interior and factory tach. Car is being delivered to me in Orl., Fl. from Calif. Bought it sight unseen. Are these 340hp "Ws" quick or are they slugs? Anybody got one who can give me some input? Can't wait to get it. I'm like a kid in a candy factory. Glad to be aboard! Rich

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Congrats

Congratulations on joining the forum AND on your new purchase!! When the Chev gets to you, you won't care if it's a slug (which it won't be) or not. You will just have a ball!!

Lonnie

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Pops. Now maybe more people will understand 62 story. Glad your part of this family too. Love you Dad. Scott:cool:

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Lonnie:beerbang Do you still have that car you bought in 61:dunno:pray Ken

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Ken

Sorry to say, no. It was my first 60, red on red 2 door Impala, 335 horse, 3 speed on the column. I'ts kind of a long story. My best friend in high school who was a year ahead of me moved to Arizona in his senior year. After graduation he joined the Marines. He came here on leave in Jan. of 1960 and I was looking for a car. He traded in his 53 Chrysler so I could get a 56 Bel Air. He wanted no money, just to return the favor sometime. So I said ok. Feb. of 1961 I spotted the red 60 and traded the 56 in on it.
Fast forward to August 1962 and my friend is here on leave again. Somewhere he had seen a new chestnut colored Ford Galaxie 500 XL convertible and just had to have one. We went looking and a dealer here in town had one. Well you guessed it, it was time to return THE FAVOR. So there went the 60. He had a 57 2 door hardtop in Phoenix. One of his Marine buddies was also on leave in San Diego and was coming to Penn to pick up his A model that he had bought in high school. He dropped down to Phoenix and drove the 57 out here for me. That was part of the deal. (He still has the A model)
I had a real bad case of red 60 withdrawl for a few months and in March of 63 found another red on red 335 horse with a 4 speed. I had that one for over 4 years and raced it 3 of those years and collected a total of 18 class wins at 4 of our area dragstrips. It was a lot of fun. From then up till 1990 I had 9 more 60's trying to replace that one in my heart. Didn't happen. Then this summer I stumbled upon the red on red 280 horse 4 speed that I now have. So this makes the 12th one, an even dozen, and the last one, hence my forum name, Last 60. Sorry for being so long winded, it just happened!!
By the way, the gal I dated in the 56, 57, and both 60's, she still lives with me, bless her little heart and all her other vital organs!

Thanks for listening,
Lonnie

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ken, he is proud as a peacock and happier than a pig in sh#t. I'm very happy for him. He's like having a little kid in the garage again.(lots of fun) Scott:cheers

oldskydog

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Great story, Lonnie. Glad you finally decided to join in. Now Scott will have to watch what he says about you.;)
I have a 60 335 FE block just waiting to be built. Now all I need is a car to put it in. Only problem is I can't have any more projects 'til I finish some.....all out of space.:cuss

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm sure Dad would let you build it and let him use it for you. But then again he'd feel as guilty as I would but if the price was right there wouldn't be any. :roll :dunno

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Cecil

Scott was almost correct. You wouldn't have to build it, just send the block MY way, to get it out of YOUR way, there by having one less piece for you to have to deal with, and all would be well with the troops. Maybe I could scratch up another set of 60 over Jahns Power Slots, Jardine fenderwells,and all would be good with the world!! I still have the M&H RaceMasters that I bought in '65 out in the shed. Probably a little dry but they still hold air. Thanks for the tease, Cecil, you guys sure know how to get me going!!

Lonnie