Hello all, new to this site. Looks like a great resource for anything X framed or W motored.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have browsed this site many, many times and finally decided I had to join. Just way too much good stuff to miss! I am looking forward to getting to know many of you and taking advantage of the knowledge available here. Just a little information about me, I grew up with all the 60's and 70's muscle cars and it just about makes me sick to think about all the cars we used and abused and then sold for little or nothing back in the day. But, I digress. Currently we have a few projects in the works such as a 63 Impala SS convertible, 67 Impala fastback, 71 GMC 4x4 pickup and a 75 Camaro. Obviously the ragtop is my pride and joy and its somewhat of a barn find, I bought it from a gentleman who had left it sit in his garage for the last 12 years. It needs restoration but I cleaned it up and got it to run and plan on driving it as is for a while until my son's Camaro is done. (Hate to have too much stuff torn apart at once.)
63 SS Convertible .JPG

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome. Great looking '63. As nice as it looks, I'd have more fun just leaving it as is and driving it than after it's restored.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
She looks better in the picture than she does in real life. Has some trunk rot and will need some sheet metal transplants but overall a solid car. Did manage to pickup a 409 block, rotating assembly, two sets of 340 horse heads and a few other goodies from a gentleman in N.D. that will fit nicely. I understand she was born with a small block but as the only way this car will ever be sold is possibly on my estate sale (although I doubt my boys would allow that) I figure might as well have a little fun with it. FYI the guy I bought the 409 block from had a few left, some are truck blocks and one had a hole that was sleeved but all are serviceable.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome to the site, great group of guys, lot of information, so you will probably get addicted like the rest of us but the ride is fun so hang on:wax and enjoy

Martin

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I am going to enjoy visiting with all you guys, in fact out in the garage tonight doing a little tinkering on the rag top. Got a little Beach boys on the stereo and a little crown on the bench, life is good.