Hello again!!

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hello to everyone!! I have been away from the forum for a couple years but am looking forward to reconnecting with all my W-Motor buddies and meeting some new ones!

It's amazing where life takes you (new girl, new ring, new city, new job) but I still have my three 63 Impalas and still I love those 409s!

Ross

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome back Ross. I was wondering just the other day where you had gone. You were in Iowa right?

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Welcome back Ross, great to have you back, we missed your contributions. For some of our newer members who don't know Ross, he is young man who is very knowledgable about our cars. Ross, do you still your site with the stock shifter info?

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Hey Ross! !!! Glad to hear your back'!!! You still in the Chicago area? Still with UPS?

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thank you all for the greetings! I am now living in the Chicago area, just north of the city. I'm still with UPS.

Tommy - It was great to meet you at the Corvette and muscle car nationals a couple years ago! I do still have my shifter page. I haven't updated it in quite a while, though. I recently added to my shifter collection a very nice, thick-handle, 63 ss shifter with complete Muncie linkage and a 62 and earlier bench seat shifter with complete T10 linkage. I would be happy to share info and pictures with those interested. The shifter page can be viewed from my home page, linked from my profile here!

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Welcome back, Ross.:clap How did the restoration of the other 63, turn out?:dunno

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The other 63 409 car is still around but hasn't made the move to IL yet. I completed some metal work and some other repairs but it still is immobile. I'm still collecting parts for it but I may have to eventually sell it and move on.

Dave, I'm not sure if I will be able to make it but if I can I will!!! It's not that far away. I had an absolute blast at the Tri-state event and really enjoyed meeting everyone!!

Ross

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The other 63 409 car is still around but hasn't made the move to IL yet. I completed some metal work and some other repairs but it still is immobile. I'm still collecting parts for it but I may have to eventually sell it and move on.

Dave, I'm not sure if I will be able to make it but if I can I will!!! It's not that far away. I had an absolute blast at the Tri-state event and really enjoyed meeting everyone!!

Ross

You don't have to bring the 63, just come up and hang out. Looks to be a good time. Lots of truth will be spoken.................:winner:winner:dunno2:dunno2

Joe R.

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ross, I'm new to this site, this year. I work in Skokie, IL and currently restoring a '63 with my son. We are still in the early stages. We completed the tear down and sent the car off for blasting and priming. It's been fun so far!
This site has been a tremendous help, and since you are local, maybe we can get together sometime and I can learn a few things.
Joe

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Joe,
I think I read the story about your car on-line! Is it the one that you remembered and came back for years later? The car in your avatar looks like the one from the story I read.
I live very close to Niles West high school. You should stop by the Monday night cruise at Old Orchard Mall sometime. I love 63 Impalas and would like to hear more about yours!
Ross

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Ross, welcome back.seen picture"s of your car at the race way. Are those original chrome wheel"s from gm???Congrat"s on everything new in life.