Greetings from Georgia

Bruce Jones

Supporting Member 1
I am new on this forum. In July I finally replaced the 1965 Impala which was stolen back in 1979, with a red Super Sport. I appreciate all of the good information to be found on this site, and I look forward to participating.

20NOV11-04-M.jpg

Welcome to the site. I'm jealous. She's beautiful! I originally wanted one like that, but bought a '66 4 door I saw rotting on someone's front lawn around the block b/c the price was right. I'm using it as a learning tool since I know next to nothing about restoring cars. Sucks someone stole your other one. Someone sent me an email that said you know your a New Yorker if... "...either you car has been stolen, or a family member's car has been stolen, or a friend's care has been stolen, etc..." Back when I was a young buck, my grandfather would ride me around in his Cutlass and that thing was powerful! I was hoping he would give it to me when I got older. It was stolen in Queen right before I got old enough to drive it, but it inspired me on my quest to find a car with a V8 engine. Welcome.:)

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site.:clap That car is "BITCHIN" :love Best of luck with it. Inquiring minds want to know.....Does it have plans for a "W" ??:dunno:scratch:rub:think

:crazy:dance:cheers

Butch

Bruce Jones

Supporting Member 1
Well, you got me there. "Plans for a 'W'"? Not sure I follow - unless you mean, "Plans for a VW". . .

IMGP2862-M.jpg

:)

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Wow very nice 65, I think Butch means a 409 motor. 348/409's are refered to as W motors.:clap

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Thats absolutely a BEAUTIFUL 65 !!!!
Welcome to the site and congratulations on such a great find!!
Ken........................

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
The 1965 full size Chevy was the last passenger car to receive the fabled 409 from the factory. Sometime during that model year Chevrolet switched over to the 396 BBC. That makes a 1965 Chevy with a 409 a rare car to folks like me.

There was a continuation of the 409 in it's truck version (limited performance) after 1965, but not in the passenger car. Yours looks great, and she would be even better if she had the 409 :). But that's just my perspective.

Love your car!

TomK

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
It looks like I'd better find a "W" next time!

Well...........................I'm working on a "package" and part of that "package" has a complete 65 400HP engine. I think it even has the correct 4-speed bellhousing. And an NOS "in the GM box" 65 409 oil pan!!!! If you have an interest, drop me a note.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Bruce, I had a 65 Impala in 1973. It was equipped with a 283 4 bbl. and a "three on the tree". One of the best cars I ever drove and owned. If I had a chance to own another I would have a hard time passing on it. Welcome to the best club on the planet.

Bruce Jones

Supporting Member 1
Yes, here's my original Impala, in 1976. 283, Rochester 2-barrel, Powerglide. SS wheel covers courtesy Don LaJoie's auto yard in Norwalk, CT. I had it from December 1970 until January 8, 1979.

1976-02-M.jpg