Greetings and Thanks

gmjack

Thanks for allowing me to be part of this knowledgable group of diehards. I have been reading the forums for years and felt the need to join because I intend to aquire a 62 in the near future and replicate the car that my Dad purchased brand new in New York. It was a 1962 Impala SS ermine white black interior 409 /409 4 speed 4.11 rear that he raced for a couple of years. I remember him saying it was .30 over with an Engle cam S&S headers switched to 4.56 rear with M&H's. I look forward to getting much advice and information and having many conservsations with the members here.

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome. There was a '62 409 Impala on the Buffalo Craigslist last week but I just checked and it is gone. It was Corona Cream like mine is. I went to a cruise last night and I had two people tell me that I must have just bought my car off Craigslist. I had to assure them the one for sale was not my car. That car was out of Niagara Falls I believe. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks for allowing me to be part of this knowledgable group of diehards. I have been reading the forums for years and felt the need to join because I intend to aquire a 62 in the near future and replicate the car that my Dad purchased brand new in New York. It was a 1962 Impala SS ermine white black interior 409 /409 4 speed 4.11 rear that he raced for a couple of years. I remember him saying it was .30 over with an Engle cam S&S headers switched to 4.56 rear with M&H's. I look forward to getting much advice and information and having many conservsations with the members here.
Welcome and get us some photos!

gmjack

I appreciate the comments. Here are the only 4 pictures I have of my Dad's car that I want to replicate. He was always changing the hubcaps and mainly did street racing almost every night. The track photos are from WESTHAMPTON drag strip I think. It was close to where he lived. Thanks Enjoy1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5

gmjack

Yeah My Dad saved them . There in my garage along with the 63 chrome air cleaner that he had on the car for a while. I have all the original dealer paperwork and window sticker. If I could only locate the car it would be the most documented one in the country. We contacted the New York DMV 20 years ago but there records didn't go back that far. I love talking about his car.

heddrik

Well Known Member
Great pictures! At least you have pictures and documents, maybe the car will turn up, who knows??? Good luck.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yeah My Dad saved them . There in my garage along with the 63 chrome air cleaner that he had on the car for a while. I have all the original dealer paperwork and window sticker. If I could only locate the car it would be the most documented one in the country. We contacted the New York DMV 20 years ago but there records didn't go back that far. I love talking about his car.
Pump that vin into the internet. If the car has been sold on a web page in the last 10-15 years it will be on there. Also if you hire a private investigator, some have access to auto registration records and can make more progress that way. If the car is registered in someone's name in your state you will know. If its not then you may need to look in surrounding states. In this day and age though cars get scattered to the wind.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
At least you have a vin numbers. I tried to find my 64 ss 409 a few years back by just a tag number that i had on it in 1965 which read Bt 6409...I never requested that number it just came up at the local dmv . Gal threw it on the counter ,i couldn't believe it Anyway i tried local dmv and state of kansas dmv and local khp. Tried closed dealership owner records but they destroyed all records after a certain amount of time. Tried insurance company no luck. Even tried a guy that owned it after me ,nothing.