GETTING READY FOR OLD AGE

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 16
I have had this idea for some time now and finally got a big start on it today. My plans are to move the washer and dryer upstairs so no stairs to do the laundry and to open up a basement wall for room for my tool box. We only had option in my opinion and that was to convert the pantry into a laundry closet. Now to start this we had to replace the door to the pantry so the washer and dryer would fit through the opening. With the door in place it was time to shop for a washer and dryer as we can only use front load machines. Being the tight a$$ that I am I found a 3 year old set for sale and made a trip to pick them up. As these being used I wanted to see them run before they made their way into the closet. Well first was the washing machine, plugged it in and it didn't work :doh after a little fiddling around I found out the extension cord I was using had a bad end on it. :facepalm So next was the dryer and guess what, it didn't work either :scratch well after tearing into the dryer and only finding a bad drum roller I finally found that my extension cord I was using had a bad connection for the neutral line. This one had me stumped because I could plug my welder into that same cord and it worked fine. Guess my welder doesn't use any 110 voltage.
This is as far as I got today as I ran out of parts and I ran out of gas.
20231216_144149.jpg
20231217_115658.jpg
20231217_182908.jpg
20231217_182942.jpg

Still need to finish up the wiring downstairs, the drain and the water connections downstairs.
With luck I can get some good help to get the dryer mounted on top of the washer.
Next will be to upgrade the old paneling in the kitchen and install a new sink. Sure hope this will work good and last long time. :pray

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
That vent looks like a really long run to collect dryer lint in.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 16
No problem with that, the pantry has been cleared out for some time now. We cleaned out some cabinets in the kitchen that were filled with cooking stuff that never seen the light of day forever, my thought was if we don't use it we don't need it. So now all the can and dry goods live right next to the stove. :good