Gasser Madness!

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
My car won't be ready for this summer but my engine should be done in a few weeks, 474 stroker. So I was thinking about putting it into a clapped out 55 chevy for now. As I was looking at pictures for inspiration I came across a really cool site with lots of gasser photos including this 409 powered 55
http://www.gassermadness.com/visitorscars/marshall/index.htm
Here's the homepage.
http://www.gassermadness.com/
If you like looking at photos of old gassers just go to the homepage and look for the photos section there must be at least a thousand pictures.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Love that site !! been there more then a few times !!! BUTTTT That `55,,,,I WANT IT !!!!!!,,,dq

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I guess we would all have a garage that would cover 40 acres. I had a 55 2dr that had a 364 cu. in small block. This was a 283 witha 4 in bore and a 5/8 stroke. Jocko ported heads, Isky RR 8000 roller cam and 6 97's. Ran 10.00X16 M and H's with 5:38 gears. 11.78 @ 117 mph in C gas. Had to add 500 lbs to make class. I wish I had been wise enough to have hung on to all my old cars even the old 51 Hudson. Roy:cry

I

IgnitionMan

I used to run, and still have an AA/FA, and do distributors for Junior Thompson and his early Hemi engine building venue. He, Ted Radoumas and I were thinking about building a new Jr. Thompson car. Just for fun and exhibition stuff.

Ted runs a converted to street use ex-gasser, 1941 Willys pickup, 355 small block, 6/71 blown, live Hilborn two porter (NOT electronically done, mechanical). Ted drives the pickup everywhere.

Hey, when you're done racing 'em, drive 'em on the street for fun and lots of thumbs up stuff.

gtendow

hi just thought i would let you know about that 55 gasser, it is from my town in utah, the car is really nice except for one thing, it is not a 409 this guy has put some sheet metal on a 350 to make it look like a 409, he has done some really good work making it look like a 409, i had to look at it a couple of times because it didn't look quite right to me.:confused: