From the Northern NY/Canada/VT area

33Chevy

I'm located in Champlain, NY which is a border town on the Quebec Canada border and approx 2 miles from Vermont. Mention this in case any of you Canadian folks need a drop off or storage point for vehicle/parts imports (and for FREE).

Grew up in the 348/409 era and never had any attraction to the W block..now that I'm a bit older I have developed a long overdue attaction to the W...and have begun looking for one. Had a 348 engine in our local paper last year for $75, called the number at 9am and it was gone. The guy said his phone began ringing at 630AM.

I have a 1933 Chevy (5) window coupe (350 TPI/700R4) and 1934 (3) window coupe, the 34 is an old 80's build with a great running 307 and 350THM. Thinking a 348 would look great in the 34 in front of a 700R4.

Just started my "W" search and will be seeking casting number preferences etc at some point in the future.

Glad to see this specialty forum for the 348-409..I have a specialty forum for the GM 3500HD series trucks at www.3500HD.com and will be posting a forum link.

Ed

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Ed,,,,,,,,, Ask your questions anytime, there will be someone who will answer with good suggestions.

david montanbeau

Well Known Member
Welcome Ed. I haul cars and parts with 10 car hauler. Been using the truck stop at the Pet Dealer for meeting people for p/u and del. Good to have a 2nd place to use. Next time i'm up there, we'll get togather to have a cup of mud. I used to be in the 409s real heavy inthe 70s and 80s. Was alot of fun.

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
A "W " would be just right for that 34. And not such a big conversion either, just remember the "W" is longer, wider and taller than a SBC.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Welcome Ed,
Heaps of good info on here, and some hilarity at times
Is the 34 a master or Junior coupe?
This is my Wife's brothers 34 Master coupe, was rodded in 74, 350,TH350, 10Bolt
DSCF0392.jpg

Steve