Free flowing exhaust and lack of picture

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have tried to post a picture but I only have a 35 mm camera and Adobe Activeshare and I can't seem to come up with the knowledge to post a picture. Anyway I wanted to share with you guys the setup on my exhaust for the 58. I put Balinger headers on and since I was going to have to run at the strip through the mufflers I didn't want any deadends like cutouts and such. But at some strips I can run open headers so I wanted to be able to unplug it. So I bought 3 sets of header reducer flanges. 1 hooks up to header and then a 45 with a flange at the other end and a flange at the muffler. You have a free flowing exhaust with no bumps or deadends to cause turbulence. But by taking out the 45 with the flange at either end you can run open headers. By the way I bought mandrel bends because muffler shop benders crimp the inside of the bend thus restricting flow. I know that this is a long post but it takes a 1000 words to paint a picture. By the way my wife said she was going to buy me a digital camera but she didn't have the money. Hmm I think it was payback for Valentines day. :rolleyes: Roy

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
cameras

Not to start any trouble, but I have seen digital cameras at Wal-Mart for $20.00. Yes, $20.00. Not a real fancy one, but it must take pictures. I would think there are not a lot of pixels, but I don't think you need that to post on here. Might be worth looking into.

Fred

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
When you do have the money Cannon just came out with a $249 camera that will take a 3 minute video also ! Great for all those 12 second runs !!! ,,,dq

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Summit or JC Whitney both sell mandrel bends. I know a lot of people think that JC Whitney stuff is junk and a lot of it is. When I raced cars that had Stomberg 97's you couldn't find a better source for jets and parts than Pep Boys. Pep Boys and JC Whitney are both considered low rent but it depends on what you get. Summit is now selling colored lights and other things for ricers, the height of bad taste.:p Roy

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
When I used to race the car, I took out the 4 collector bolts and dropped the muffler/headpipe below the header. I carried a pair of 1/8 x 1 inch straps that had a 3/8 hole in each end. I attached the strap between the header and the headpipe so I had unrestricted flow out of the header. The exhaust pipes had enough flex that I was able to pull them down and then re-attach after the race with no problems.

This new digital camera is sure handy sometimes.:)
Ron

OOPS!!! No picture. Must have done something wrong.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Second try on picture:confused:
Now I think I got it figured out, Don't "preview post", go directly to "submit":rolleyes: