FNG Clevername aka Kelvin from Austin

Hey folks,

I have a 60 Impala Sport Coupe with a (gasp) 283. For some reason I have it in my head that it needs a 348. I have been lurking here for a bit and thought I would introduce myself before I ask a bunch of questions. Lots of good info here and I certainly appreciate the enthusiasm for the W blocks.

Kelvin

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Kelvin:

Welcome aboard!

I drove around in a 1962 Impala with a 283 two barrel for a few years before transplanting a "W in her. It made all the difference. I'm sure it will for you as well. Do you have that 348 yet? If so, how would you build it, stock or with some extras?

Cheers!
TomK

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome Kevin,Yes that little 283 is a bit of a "wimp" in stock form,especially when equipped with a power glide!A'modernized"348,and overdrive will make it an entirely different animal.:hug

I am still trying to get it. The seller is in no hurry and apparently has a lot on his plate (dealing with an estate). Since it is not a must have at this point, I am trying to be patient. It would probably go in stock, but I would like 'build it' in the future. I would be thinking 3x2, heads and stroked:)

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Kelvin. Great group here and lots of info on the "W" engine. Enjoy the ride.

Butch:crazy:cheers