Finally got one: Help wanted

sp6t1348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I have been a member for awhile. I have finally purchased a 1962 SS 409. I have restored a couple of small block 62's and a 61 348. This time I went with a complete car that was an older restoration. I look forward to some great advice. Car was originally from the southwest. Very clean and unmolested sheet metal. Not a trailer queen and has a 409/425...later engine. Trying to put her back to original. Looking forward to great advice. I have had the car for a few months. I immediately replaced the radiator with a 4 core. I installed a 160 degree thermostat and the correct fan and clutch. she runs around 180 and in extreme heat won't go past 195. Hooker headers were already there, 4:11 rear and 4 speed. It is a factory air car, I doubt it was a real 409, it is a real SS. Great engine; 162 ro 165 lbs of compression on all eight cylinders. Tight engine. 11:1 venolias camshaft unknown. Been out of it for awhile. My 45th birthday present from my wife. Working guy with Snap On's and a budget! Former Marine, can only count to twenty if I use my toes!

Thanks

Sean Byrne
Baltimore, MD

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
PICS!

:dance

It sure does sound like a good project, but we want to see it.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Welcome Sean!! Great birthday present! :beer Don't let that lady get away!! :deal Looking forward to seeing you at Lowe's in Abingdon on Friday nights. What color?

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
WOW SEAN,way to go!!! Sounds like a real nice car you all got there. Like Dick has said will look for you at Lowe's in Abingdon on Friday Nights.What part of Baltimore are you in?? Post some pictures,of your ride,we all like pictures.. Welcome aboard !!! John:beer:clap

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome to the zoo.............. car sounds like a very nice one. It's great when you find one that someone hasn't messed up.

Dave

sp6t1348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
IMG-20110601-00199.jpg

Here it is, sorry about the long delay on the pictures. Was up in Parkville, MD tonight at the Home Depot. Nice bunch of guys and nice cars as well. Looking forward to going to Abingdon, MD Lowes this coming Friday night.

1960impala283

Well Known Member
Nice car! :clap ............This is the first time I have ever though about "Wife Swapping".... Don't worry, I just want her for my Birthday... My wife doesn't get me $hxT!:roll:roll Happy 45Th!:beer

RCampbell

Well Known Member
Nice project...Nice wife. My wife bought me a 62 SS convertible nearly 40 years ago for my birthday. Still have the car. Took it apart and painted it nearly 20 years ago...yes...it's still apart. It's still next in line. Did your wife by you the Snapon tools. I can't get mine to spring for a set. Good luck. Russ

BubbleTrouble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
is there any chance your wife will hang around mine, maybe it will rub off on my wife and i can get a gift like that. nice car, good luck.