David 61

David 61

Hello, I recently registered to be able to post on the board, but I've been reading information on the site for quite some time in preparation for the restoration of my 61 Impala. It is a bubble top that I've had since 1986, when my dad purchased it from a neighbor for my first car. I had not done anything with it since the early nineties, other than store it, until recently. The body work is being done now at a restoration shop, and although the car was pretty complete, I am starting to think about all the parts and pieces that I may need. I've purchased the engine, a stroker 409 from Jack Gibbs, after reading all the reviews on this site, and an Art Morrison chassis. I am hoping to be able to find some parts that I need and maybe get an idea if some of the old parts, such as the original chassis has any value. Thanks, David

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome David,
I love how these cars hibernate for years until someone comes along and brings them back to their former glory.I can’t wait to see the photos of the restoration progress.It sounds like you have a solid plan.
The old parts do have value.Ask for a fair price and you will not have a problem selling.
Good luck
Rick