changing the brake system to four wheel disc brake

Grant Snider

If any one has a name of a dealer that sales a good system that fits a 1960 impala two impala. I am interested in installing 2" drop spindals and four wheel disc brake system on my car. Thanks for any info that you might offer, even if I should or should not go with this plan.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Grant,Check with our guy 158 Delivery.He's a good guy to know[most days]:hugand knows the cars,as well as what he's doing.It would be hard to beat him,wheather power brake conversion,2 or 4 wheel conversion.:deal

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If you want the car to stop better I wouldn't waste the time or money with a rear kit. They are usually very problematic (calipers). If you're after the "look" then go for it.

Grant Snider

If you want the car to stop better I wouldn't waste the time or money with a rear kit. They are usually very problematic (calipers). If you're after the "look" then go for it.
Thanks for the info!
Grant,Check with our guy 158 Delivery.He's a good guy to know[most days]:hugand knows the cars,as well as what he's doing.It would be hard to beat him,wheather power brake conversion,2 or 4 wheel conversion.:deal
I think that i will enjoy this forum thanks Grant

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The rear wheel discs are for looks only. They will not operate any better then the stock drum brakes and will cost a whole bunch more. Welcome aboard and good luck with your build.

I have an aluminum Wilwood conversion on the rear of my race car. Primaraly for weight reduction. I had to design and have my machinist create a set of aluminum adaptor plates / brackets.
Does it work ?
Yeah, from 123+ MPH, it brings the car down nicely... but I don't like the feel of them. I have never been able to get the "springy" pedal out of it.

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Welcome Grant,

run with Mike (1958 Delivery) for your brakes, nice bloke, some people travel 1000's of miles to get stuff from him.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Grant:clap. Great group here and lots of info on the "W" engine.:hug Enjoy the ride.

:crazy:dance:cheers