Carb Kit

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Today I tried to get a rebuild kit for my 9625 SA Carter AFB. This carb is probably from the mid 70s. Its a carter and not an edelbrock. There were no listings for that number. I can remember back about 5 years ago buying a kit based off of the 9625 number stamped on the carb. I bought a kit for a 3499 (63 400hp 409) as the carb I have is very similar to one of those. Kit 188A at Car Quest.

I also looked at a 3461 (63 300 hp 327) AFB and it called for a 188A as well. I was under the impression that the carbs with the 4.25" base and the 5.125" base used a different gasket between the carb body and the air horn. I seem to remember my old kits having two different gaskets for the air horn as well as the venturis. This kit only has one air horn gasket.

Being that my carburetor is 130 miles from me I can't compare. Does anyone have an old carb book with a kit # for a 9625 SA AFB? Any other input would be great!!

Ross

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
The rebuild kit is probably "One size fits all" The gasket for your carb is probably included in the kit!