Buying a 61 Bubbletop

Triple900

I just joined the form to find a resource for 409's . My offer on a 61 409 Bubble top was accepted subject to verifying that it is a 409. I got some tips on verification in another thread. Good restoration in 2009. some little quirks which will be fixed . This is my second 61 but its been over 40 years in the interval. My first was a 61 convertable with a 283 and a connecting rod sticking out of the block. So my dad asked if I wanted it prior to junking it because of the rust and general poor condition. So at least i know where the rusty places are. My dad was an airplane mechanic and since he always had an older work car as his daily driver I learned how to work on cars from him ( neither one of us cared about sports so we spent our time together working on cars) so while I wouldn't tear into my wifes Lexus I am confident that I could do most things to this 61 . .

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome to the site, lot of good information from the guys and this site, and both are willing to help! great to have you aboard