building

J & J

Well Known Member
I would like to add to this building project, that you are considering. I too am looking at putting up a building on my property and have read these last post with great interest. One thing you may look into and I did this with an older building I owned in Montana. For insulation look into the spray on insulation. This stuff works great. Takes little heat to warm in the winter and little air to cool in the summer. Although in Montana I never worried about trying to keep it cool. Just my 3 cents worth.

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
As a retired firefighter, I'll tell you that the spray on insulation is like gasoline if it catches fire. It would be alright if you cover it with wall board. But with it in the open on a vertical surface it is absolutely a inferno waiting to happen. The same goes for foam board. :eek: Roy

J & J

Well Known Member
re building

When I had the building in Montana sprayed, the one thing they insisted was that the walls be covered with Sheet rock or some other fire retardent covering. I know that I would use it again, just because it works so much better than regular insulation.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The best (R value) and most flame retardant insulation is a product called Cocoon. It is made from recycled news paper with a borate added that gives it the falme retard and bug resistance.
You fame your walls and have it sprayed inbetween the studs (it has a wheat paste added to bind it) then sheet over it.
Also is a very good sound proffer You get all three in one product.
You can get it at Home Depot but you need a insulate contractor that has the equipment to spray it in.

I was going to get into the business of doing just that so I do know all about this stuff. In the colder and hotter areas of the country you should be able to find an installer.
By far the best insulate made !!
Good luck,,,,dq