Blast Boy

Blast Boy

Hi I'm Dave Evans from Invercargill, New Zealand.I have been into classic cars as long as i can remember.
I am currently doing up a 63 Impala 2 door hardtop 4 speed (LT1),also have a 35 International pick up as a future project.Have owned several cars over the past years including 63 Belair (daily driver while working at Ford Dealership)65 Acadian Beaumont big block 4 speed,65 Impala Wagon for 16 years as our weekend cruiser for our family.I would also like to take this chance to thank all members for the support and prayers after my recent accident which i was blown up by an accetylene explosion.Steve my brother is a member of site and it was through him i heard of this site,once again thanks Dave

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome Dave!! I understand your choice of screen names now. Great to have you here on the site....and just to have you still here on the planet after your ordeal. Many prayers have gone up for you and your family.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Glad to hear you are doing better Dave.:clap:clap:clap You have a lot of friend's here . Like to see picture's of your project's when ever to feel up to it!!!!:welcome

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It's good to hear from you.
Your accident was the kind of thing that sends a little shiver down everyone's spine. I hope you're recovering well.

By the way, isn't Invercargill the home of Burt Munro and the Worlds Fastest Indian? :beer

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Dave..............it's soooo good to see you join and post here!!!!!!!! Glad to see you being able to join us. Steve told me he was going to try to get you to come to Great Bend, KS this September. Hope you can make it with Steve and Lynette!!!!
Check in with us every day..............it's great therapy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
It's good to hear from you.
Your accident was the kind of thing that sends a little shiver down everyone's spine. I hope you're recovering well.

By the way, isn't Invercargill the home of Burt Munro and the Worlds Fastest Indian? :beer
That video gives "coming from behind" a whole new meaning!!!!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave, Welcome aboard. Glad your recovering from your ordeal...:clap:clap:clap Hope you can make it to Great Bend this Fall and look forward to meeting you and Steve...:drunk

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:deal:welcome:yupLike Phil said,it's good theropy...........but he conviently left out that it's addicting as heck!:deal It's great to hear from you after your ordeal,and just know that our prayers are with you.Welcoome aboard.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Come on in Dave....................:dance:dance:happy:happyPretty scary ordeal you went through. I hope don't have many long lasting effects from it. The Man was on you shoulder that day..................:bow

Last edited:

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Dive right on in Dave, great group of guys here and like Don said it is addicting as hell, but a good stress relief and these guys know just about anything you can come up with, glad to see you're doing well

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Very happy for you Dave....your very fortunate,that whole silver lining thing!!!! Good to have you along....hope you get a full recovery....Welcome!!!!!! :beer

Blast Boy

Hi Guy's thanks again for all the support, I am doing really well, still have next to no hearing and a couple of other issues, but really just glad to be here. Yeah Jim, Invercargill is the home of the Worlds Fastest Indian & in that section of the film there are quite a few of my friends that were used as extras in the film playing the parts of the bikies. Unfortunately I wont be able to attend the Nationals at Great Bend but I'm sure I will hear all about how good it was & that I should have been there when Steve returns home.
Dave
ps Blast Boy is what the Fire Brigade named me at the accident

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
DOC200314-20032014060600-0001_zps92a9c216.jpg
Here is a copy of the Pic that Darrel drew of Dave.
Has all the things he is into even got blown out of boots

Steve
DOC200314-20032014060600-0001_zps92a9c216.jpg