Big block newbie from Arizona

Carlos Torres

Well Known Member
Hows it going people? Got referred to this info exchange from chevytalk.com in hopes to click with locals from AZ and other Chevy enthusiasts. From Phoenix hoping to gather some info of worthy shops around town and overall knowledge of the 348. My first and current project is a 1959 Chevy impala 4 speed sport coupe.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome to our "ZOO",Carlos.We have A lot of good people here who will be glad to help.:hug

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Welcome Carlos, lots & lots of knowledge here. I am about 85% complete with a off frame restoration of my 59 Impala, but replaced the 348 with a 409/super T-10 4 speed. Ask any question and someone here will have the correct answer.

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
You can have Cecil as your new best friend!!!! He is our local Expert in the Phoenix area!!!! He'll be chiming in shortly!!!!
Welcome aboard!!!!

Carlos Torres

Well Known Member
Hey thanks Don for the great reference to this site, I already found some great info. Thanks to everyone else as well for the welcome.

oldskydog

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome Carlos. Have you had your 59 for a while or did you recently get it on Craigslist. I saw one for sale a week or so ago.

Carlos Torres

Well Known Member
Hey Cecil I heard you are the AZ veteran on this site huh? lol. I actually just acquired this car in particular. I already owned a 59 Impala but is in need of a lot of work. I did not purchase this vehicle through Craigslist, to be honest with you I dont ever recall using their services at all but I bet you can find some pretty nifty stuff on the site so i've heard. I have known of this car for several years now roughly 7 since it has been kept away in a storage shed. I never did see it just heard of it.

A good friend of mine and his brothers had purchased a lot of impalas from a retired gentleman that moved to NM from CA. Another individual had beat my friend and his brothers to half of the lot taking all the convertibles and SS's. This car was the only one the man did not want to sell. I guess shortly after the man decided to part with it and sold it to the brothers but they paid twice as much as they did for the rest of them. Now the family is in need of some money so they have been selling there vehicles, some of which are already restored. I know they have a 59 convertible as well but I dont believe that they will be letting that one go. My friend sold me the car on behalf of me just asking about it.

I had started working on the first 59 I have but again needs a lot of work it also does not have motor or tranny and what I always wanted was this specific motor and intake. I got lucky when he told me that he would sell it to me. To my surprise it turned out being a 4-speed as well.

oldskydog

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
It should be a great car. 59's don't get enough love. I'm partial to 58's and 60's too.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
It should be a great car. 59's don't get enough love. I'm partial to 58's and 60's too.

I love 59s!! Specially RED ones!! :D

0511cr_01z+1959_Chevrolet_Impala+Two_Door_Red_Body_Driver_Side_Front_View.jpg