Been Lurking,Better intro

Ross Racing Engines

Supporting Member 1
Hello ,
Just found and joined this site a few months ago and it really looks like a good source of info for the W engines

Little about myself,I'm an engine builder/machinist/fabricator by trade having grown up in the family buisness.We have been in this location since 1978 and I've built engines for all forms of motorsports,local and national level
including circle track/dirt and pavement,ARCA,Bush,Woo,drag,offshore boat,truck pull and Hotrods.

Ive raced dirt latemodel cars for 25 years,my current and probably last oval track car is in my avitar.My parents retired as of Jan 1st so I must consetrate on the buisness more than running all over the east coast racing.

Ive got a couple projects in the works now with one being a bone stock 1957 2dr 210, that I just aquired from my uncle who has owned it since 1963.
Im 43 years old and have been trying to get this car since I was 16....... Dont ever give up
The plan is a 60's stlye sleeper with a 3-2 /348stroker/ muncie combo with dog dish hub caps kind of a look.
The motor Ive started on is in great shape,It'll be dressed to look the part with all updated internals.

Thanks for looking,
Tony

Ross Racing Engines
Niles,Ohio
330-544-4466 main
330-720-1282 cell

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome to the zoo Tony......... you'll have mail in a couple of more days.

.............. and we all like pictures !!! Your '57 sounds like a nice car, guess I can't call it a find, because you knew where it was all along.:roll:roll

Dave

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Welcome, Tony.:clap You've come to the right place, for 348-409 info. The people here are great, and the knowledge is, next to none.:clap:clap:clap

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome from another circle track guy

:) These guys are really a nice group and kinda smart about this era of cars even if they mostly go straight 8 to 12 secs at a time. Welcome and will you be at Thompson? :clap

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome, Tony...... What Derry asked,,,,,, Are you coming to Thompson? Would be a real shame to live in Ohio and miss this event. hope to see you there. :)

Ross Racing Engines

Supporting Member 1
Thanks Guys,
Yes Ill be at Thompson unless something unforseen comes up,I was there last year spectating
The car is getting a complete redo as sitting in a barn since 1969 didnt do it any favors but its a great solid piece to start with ,so Im collecting parts and starting on an engine
Body going to shop in 2 weeks,hopefully Itll be ready to drive next spring by time car is all reassembled,I do everything myself but bodywork/paint

Tony

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Tony.:clapLots of great guys and lots of info.:crazy:cool: Like everyone says "Lots of pictures of your ride please ":pray:crazy:cheers

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
ALL RIGHT, another dirt tracker.WOOWOO. :cool::cool:Welcome Tony, these guys are the best on the best website there is.

:crazyRay

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks Guys,
Yes Ill be at Thompson unless something unforseen comes up,I was there last year spectating
The car is getting a complete redo as sitting in a barn since 1969 didnt do it any favors but its a great solid piece to start with ,so Im collecting parts and starting on an engine
Body going to shop in 2 weeks,hopefully Itll be ready to drive next spring by time car is all reassembled,I do everything myself but bodywork/paint

Tony

Welcome Tony, good choice of cars, I've owned my 57 for 30 years and its had a 409 in it 29 years. Stop by at Thompson and we can talk about 57's and maybe I can give you some advice on installing a 348 in your 57.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey Tony, I did my 348 swap "OLD SCHOOL STYLE" I used whatever I could find around my garage. I used up whatever I could. I am still working on it when time and money allow. Best of luck with your build.:clap:crazy:cheers

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Tony:beerbang Like Butch and Jim said there are a bunch of guys here that have installed a Ws in tri 5 chevies and each one is a little different so I'm sure that they can guide you though any questions that you may have. If any:dunno. Look forward to you progress. Ken