batman new member

batman

Hello from Akron Ohio
Just joined yesterday, I have a 60 Imapla 2-door HT currrently small block (283-4bl), been working on a 60 348 tri-power pulled from a 60 Impala from Texas.
Bought it last summer and had it shipped home. (960 lbs with Castiron PG)
The motor was never apart, had all checked out at the machine shop, no cracks or issues.
It needed to be bored .030 over, so went ahead and had the hole thing gone over.
Put 11.1 pistons, rotatinig assembly balanced, Isky cam-525 lift 268 duration, new valves, springs seats etc. Most parts from Showcars in MN, some from Ecklers, Harmaon and Lutty's, evn the radio supressor from Carls Corvair. Other parts came from salvage yards from California to Florida.
Quite a project--and loving every bit
The motor is back together waiting on tri-power carbs to finish ordered fro Showcars.
I have getting all the parts to make the switch from small block. Alot more than I anticipated, new 3/8 fuel line, 283 used 5/16, new fan shroud, new wiring harnesses, etc.
Im looking foward toi finishing up so it will be ready for summer.
Glad I found this site, alot of useful info.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome!!!! It never hurts to see another RED '60 in the group! :clap:brow

Lonnie

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to the zoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LAST 60 is a happy camper now!!!!!!!!!!

Well............he was before you joined but he gets all warm and fuzzy when he sees another red 60 Impala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
If you wanna see all the guys on this site,why don't you mosey over to Thompson Raceway this June 1 & 2. Biggest collection of 348s & 409s this side of heaven.:hug
I had a black 60 Impala back in the day

Attachments

• 224   1st night home with the 1960 Impala Coupe.jpg
    224 1st night home with the 1960 Impala Coupe.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 2

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yep k9, I know that!! I was answering Phils "warm and fuzzy" statement above.

Lonnie