Another Kansas Forum Newbie

KSBMET

Hi all, My name is Duane. I've been old Chevys for years. I restored my 61 bubble top 10 years ago: 348 tri power, powerglide. Then 6 years ago I found a 64 409/425 engine, in pieces, but it had 99% of the parts there, including the correct exhaust manifolds. I took it to a friend of mind to see if it would go again. The short story of this is the engines been completed for 4 years the Silver on Silver 64 SS is just now in paint. I kind of got the cart before the horse. Trying to put the car back original as possible. Just restored the door panels. Still looking for parts though. This forum has had some great topics. Sorry I missed the Great Bend event. I didn't know about it, but I've heard about it.

Attachments

• photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 42
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 42

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Cool car Duane! You missed a good time in great bend, but im sure something on a smaller scale will happen next year. Welcome

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome Duane, nice 61 . like those 64's with silver interior,had one new back in the day 409 also.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I like Kansas and your car. Welcome to the site. Look at it this way, our brains combined weighs about 4000 Lbs.