A Seafoam Dream

royce 61 chev

Hello again!

In my haste and excitement about finding this website, I got right to my window question, and missed introducing myself. Both myself, and my wife, graduated from high school in 1961. After college I owned my first new car, a gunmetal gray/black interior 65 Impala 2 door hardtop. This was followed by a new 67 Impala, yellow with black interior; again a 2-dr hardtop.

In 1979 on the way to the in-laws cabin in northern Minnesota, I spotted the Seafoam Green 61 Impala 2-dr hardtop. Leaving a "If you ever want to sell this car, call me......." note on the windshield. Two weeks later, I drove the car home.

The engine turned out to be Gopher rebuilt 6 in front of a 2-spd cast iron automatic. After years of poking around, I came up with a vintage 61 348/350 horse tri-power that now sits in front of a vintage 61 T-10 and a 61 P-case rearend. After a complete frame-off restoration, and years of collecting NOS trim pieces, I'm getting close. Will post a picture of the finished car sometime this fall. If anyone is interested, I have a complete vintage 1961 ac setup I'm willing to deal on. It came out of a 61 4-dr hd top. I was told factory ac was not an option on the hi-performance 348/409's. After years of waiting, my wife is finally a little excited!

Again, if you've put rear quarter windows in a bubbletop, give me a call anytime at 651-450-0531.

Royce

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Welcome to the forum, Royce. We hope to see pictures soon.

I also graduated in 61. My dad and grandparents were from Glencoe/Plato area if you know where that is.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Royce, :clapGreat group of guys here.:crazy Any questions ? :scratchAsk away. Some one will chime in soon. Please post some pics of your ride for us.
:crazy:cheers

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Royce,

This is a great place for all the info you could dream of.

Don't forget to post up a heap of pics. We all love pics.

:cheers

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome to the site Royce! Lots of good people and tremendous knowledge here. I too am building a 61 2 dr htp. tripower 4 speed posi car. I will give you a call about the 1/4 windows.

61belair348

Well Known Member
Welcome! A newer Newbie!

Working on a 61 myself, though I graduated in 84. First car was a 68 F$#% Galaxie 500 2-door fastback, but I have fallen in love with the potential the little 61 BelAir is showing me.

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Hello again!

In my haste and excitement about finding this website, I got right to my window question, and missed introducing myself. Both myself, and my wife, graduated from high school in 1961. After college I owned my first new car, a gunmetal gray/black interior 65 Impala 2 door hardtop. This was followed by a new 67 Impala, yellow with black interior; again a 2-dr hardtop.

In 1979 on the way to the in-laws cabin in northern Minnesota, I spotted the Seafoam Green 61 Impala 2-dr hardtop. Leaving a "If you ever want to sell this car, call me......." note on the windshield. Two weeks later, I drove the car home.

The engine turned out to be Gopher rebuilt 6 in front of a 2-spd cast iron automatic. After years of poking around, I came up with a vintage 61 348/350 horse tri-power that now sits in front of a vintage 61 T-10 and a 61 P-case rearend. After a complete frame-off restoration, and years of collecting NOS trim pieces, I'm getting close. Will post a picture of the finished car sometime this fall. If anyone is interested, I have a complete vintage 1961 ac setup I'm willing to deal on. It came out of a 61 4-dr hd top. I was told factory ac was not an option on the hi-performance 348/409's. After years of waiting, my wife is finally a little excited!

Again, if you've put rear quarter windows in a bubbletop, give me a call anytime at 651-450-0531.

Royce

Hello Royce,

Its been awhile since we have spoke, this is Seth (Jody Anderson's friend) in South Florida. I'm glad to hear your build is nearing the final stages.

If you don't have my number any longer it is 561-929-4810.

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Royce:beerbang Dont have an answer to your window problem but Brian might:cheers Look forward to some picture of your build, Ken

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I bought that truck many moons ago with a very bad vibration so the owner said.:deal I wasn't concerned with the motor at all. I was going to put a small block in it.:eek: Turns out that the fan had a missing blade. Changed the blade and the dam* thing purred like a kitten. :dunnoSat in my yard for a few years just sinking into the dirt. I sold it to a friend who put it on the road and enjoyed the Sh** out of it.:D He is the one Kenny bought it from. It's been leaning on the side of Kenny's house for years.:cry If I look hard enough I could probably find a picture of it when I brought it home. Giny hated that thing. Just like she hates the new HHR'S.

:crazy:cheers

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey Kenny, I remember you digging one of those trucks out of a hillside in Washington New Jersey just to unbolt the rear fenders off of it. The things us gearheads would do for a project !!:D:crazy:cool::cheers

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Kenny, I remember you digging one of those trucks out of a hillside in Washington New Jersey just to unbolt the rear fenders off of it. The things us gearheads would do for a project !!:D:crazy:cool::cheers
I still have that fender and wish I had looked for the other side at that time because you woudn't believe the prices at swap meets now
:doh