62 Bubbletop

tcornett

Hi All,

My name is Tim Cornett and I recently purchase a 62 bubbletop out of Baltimore. Lamar Waldon 409, 350 turbo with manual throttle body, 3000 stahl, tubbed with a narrowed Ford 9" and 4-link. Mustang II front suspension. Custom interior.

Can't wait to get it home. I will send pics soon.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Tim, Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have a neat car there. Your in the right place. Lots of info and help here.

tcornett

Thanks for the welcome

I will most likely be at Blue Suede, Super Chevy, and GoodGuys and look forward to meeting you then

Here are pics of the 62 and my 61 Invicta

62.jpg

61frontright.jpg

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
That's a pretty famous car. I remember seeing it in several magazines when it first came out a few years ago. It looks great!:beerbang Nice Buick too.:beerbang

tcornett

You are right Jim. The car has not really been out in public for 5-6 years so I am excited to get it out again.

:brow

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Tmm

TMM (Tell Me More) about this famous car :). Was not aware of it's origins and history. Looked like one of Chip Foose's sketches to me, great lines and all.

Care to fill us in?

Thanks, and congrats on having great taste in body styles!

TomK

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I would like to know more too. Looks like a car that was in the north Texas area for a while. ??????

tcornett

The car was built in 1998-99 by Denny Terzich of Pro Rides. This was the second he built. He went on to build a 56 that won 2002 street machine of the year. Anyway, he sold it to a guy in Texas who had it for a short while. It then went to Virginia for a few years and most recently to a Chevy delaership south of Baltimore which is where I found it.

I do not believe it has been out much at shows recently. I am extremely excited to get it home and ready for the show season this year.

In the past it was the on the cover of Hot Rod Magazine (Dec 98) as well Summit Magazine. It was also a past feature car for Flowmaster Muffler.

way2lo2

Hi All,

My name is Tim Cornett and I recently purchase a 62 bubbletop out of Baltimore. Lamar Waldon 409, 350 turbo with manual throttle body, 3000 stahl, tubbed with a narrowed Ford 9" and 4-link. Mustang II front suspension. Custom interior.

Can't wait to get it home. I will send pics soon.

Hi Tim, glad you found a bubble, I know the car you bought pretty well, its actually one of my favorite custom cars of all time and one that made me fall in love with 62 Chevys.
Good luck with it and I hope to see it out this summer.
Boris

tcornett

Thanks Boris!

Actually, you and I have spoken several times in the past and usually about bubbletops. I think we are pretty close in proximity as well. You are in Euclid and I work in Richmond Heights.

Anyway, I am very excited about the car. I think people will enjoy seeing it, esepcially those who have not seen it before.

I now have to decide whether or not to keep my 61 Invicta. I probably will as I do not see myself driving the 62 every day. I will most likely trailer to all but local crusies.

Hope to finally meet you in person soon.

Tim

62BT409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I know the car...it was built right here in town buy a father and son team that builds custom cars. NICE RIDE

:beerbang

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
If you ever get in my neigborhood, Conneaut Oh. stop in. I'd love to peek under that hood. Norwalk will be the place to be this year. Come and meet some really nice people and show off your car. I would like to see a Lamar 409 run the 1/4 mi. just for fun. :D
Regards, Fatride

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Happy birthday!

Hey, Tim, hope you had a Happy Birthday yesterday. We look forward to seeing you and your sweet car sometime this summer, perhaps Norwalk?

Cheers,
TomK

tcornett

I finally had the car delivered out of Baltimore!!! YAHOOOO. I had it out briefly yesterday since it was so nice. What a rush!!!! I will spend the next few wekks going over it and trying to get it ready for the shows this summer.