62-64 steering oil pan

lentzjj

Ok so ive got a 62 lesabre i am putting a 348 in. My only problem is the oil pan anyone have pics of a impala steering linkage. My buick is behind the front crossmember. Is the impala in front? What are you guys using for an oil pan? Mine has a truck-409 pan and right now the steering link goes right threw where the sump is on my pan. Is there a center sump pan? I have been searching the forums but not comming up with much:coffee:

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I had my machinist notch my 409 pan in my '57 because the drag link would have gone right through the pan. I also used a Hurst 3" drop drag link and I still had to notch the pan. Any body have any ideas on what rack & oinion would work best in a tri-5 Chevy?:?:pray:crazy:cheers

lentzjj

pics

some pics of the buick 1st one shows the oil pan on crossmember 2ns show engine to firewall

Attachments

• DSC_2786.jpg
    DSC_2786.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_2791.jpg
    DSC_2791.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 94

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I was told....... don't know for sure, but that a 1965 car pan would do the job.....

dave

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have a couple 409 oil pans that were modifed in the area that yours would need to be done and didn't know why until I just saw your post.

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just so you know, my pans are not C-notched. The front of the sump is cut back. From the pics it looks like that is all you will need, unless the engine can't sit all the way down and is hitting on the crossmember as well.

If all you need is the front on the sump moved back, then I think I have what you need.

As far as price, just trade me for your pan.

Let me know if this will work for you. I can get picks later today.

-Brian

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
My pan has the front of the sump cut back. The drag link just clears the pan even with the 3" drop.:crazy:cheers