61 impala (intro)

gocyclesport

new to forum. Doing a frame off on a 61 Impala resto/modfor street/strip use. Happy to see that their are other 61's getting similar attention. Almost down to frame. Will post pics as soon as I figure out how. Have some on photobucket now and will post link. Only have rolling chaise so adding 700 hp Ohio Crank engine and other performance stuff. From outside keeping stock wherever possible. Happy to get recommendations and input. Thanks.

By the way saw some info on available headlamp filler panels R & L side. Can you give me a source?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1152.jpg
    IMG_1152.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1137.jpg
    IMG_1137.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1140.jpg
    IMG_1140.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1153.jpg
    IMG_1153.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 77

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey there, Welcome to the site:clap Great bunch of guys here.:crazy More pics as you go along with your project please.:pray Any questions?:scratch Ask away. Someone will chime in.:cheers:cheers

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Love those 61s!

Welcome to the Forum!

Good to hear about your project, we love to learn of ongoing efforts. If you need advise, this is a good place to be, especially if you like 348s and 409s. I noted that your front emblem on the car in the pics designates that it might have housed a 348 at one time, do you know if that was the case?

We got fellows with connections to restoration parts, advise on rebuilding components, you name it. Ask us questions, we'll give you advise, you make the final decision. Just to let you know in advance, we hope to persuade you to drop a 409 or 348 in that baby, but in the end it's your call. I will say that a properly done 1961 Impala will really be differentiated from other 1961 Impalas if you install a "W" in the engine bay :).

That said, welcome to the Board, and ask questions when they arise. I think it was Seth who mentioned the panels, I'll let him chime in if it was.

Cheers!
TomK

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard, Looks like your 61' has the correct fuel line that would have dawned the 348....:deal

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
headlamp filler panels

I re-read that post by Seth about the repop headlamp filler panels, seems they were not of very good quality. Best to locate originals and spruce those up, I suspect.

Best,
TomK

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
From what I could see of your other pictures your fillers didn't look to bad. Looked like they would be repairable.:dunno