61 impala bubbletop!!

ja61impala

Hey everyone im new to the site.

I am the proud owner of a 1961 Chevy Impala 2dr Bubbletop, its in the middle of restoration/modification as i call it spending most of its time on a rotisserie. just ready to pull the frame in for some new components and airride. Glad i found this site im sure im gonna have tons of question for all of you!

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome to Site

This is a great place if you are a caraholic with a group meeting daily.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site. Great group of guys here and some of even know what we are talking about !!:dunno
We would all like to see some pictures of your ride.
:crazy:cheers

ja61impala

Thanks everyone!!

Attachments

• CIMG1090small.JPG
    CIMG1090small.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 58
  • CIMG1100small.JPG
    CIMG1100small.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 78
  • tailightbodywork.jpg
    tailightbodywork.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 53
  • impala123.jpg
    impala123.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 75

ja61impala

I have it in primer now just don't have the pics on this computer!!

Attachments

• impalafirewall2010.jpg
    impalafirewall2010.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 50
  • tailpan2010.jpg
    tailpan2010.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 48
  • impalatrash123.jpg
    impalatrash123.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 50
  • impalatrash1234.jpg
    impalatrash1234.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 47

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Welcome ja:clap:clapA 60 dash, in a 61. That's gonna keep people, buzzing. :dunnoGonna look nice, when finished.:clap:clap:)

ja61impala

It needed some modifications just mainly the front by the windshield but other then that it fit pretty nice. Some people around here were not to fond of it and said i ruined a perfectly good car, but my thing is to do what makes you happy its your ride. Its perfectly good when you say it is!!!! one thing we will have to do it trim the left and right pillar trim pieces. I ordered one from a wagon that are made from steel so they can be welded and modified to fit the dash.

It needed some modifications just mainly the front by the windshield but other then that it fit pretty nice. Some people around here were not to fond of it and said i ruined a perfectly good car, but my thing is to do what makes you happy its your ride. Its perfectly good when you say it is!!!! one thing we will have to do it trim the left and right pillar trim pieces. I ordered one from a wagon that are made from steel so they can be welded and modified to fit the dash.

Nice project , your work looks good! I am a firm believer in build it the way you want it,It's your car.
You would fit right in @ pro-touring.com But this is a good place from what little time i have been here.
Some real nice people here.
Thanks for sharing:cheers

lnirenberg

Supporting Member 1
I'm also on pro-touring.com which is fun for several reasons including there aren't many bubbletops other than mine and you can stay up on the latest products and installs if your into updating & modification. There is little or no W-head knowledge except recently there was a small buzz about the world/lamar aluminum engine. For model specific info this is the place.

ja61impala

I'm also on pro-touring.com which is fun for several reasons including there aren't many bubbletops other than mine and you can stay up on the latest products and installs if your into updating & modification. There is little or no W-head knowledge except recently there was a small buzz about the world/lamar aluminum engine. For model specific info this is the place.

do you have any photo's of your 61?

Donald Campbell

Hello I have some things like a hood trunk lid bows for the head liner bumpers. a lot of side moldings, a radio, just different items.740-891-5354 all used and needs TLC. Don Good luck with her.