59 Impalas & 409's

Hello, first time posting here. Haven't used a computer very much since they let me out 5 years ago (from school) so I'll probably mess this up. Someday I hope to get started on my projects, but winter is here and I don't have a shop up yet, so spring time I'll get back at 'em. I started collecting parts/cars years back, when I was 15 buying 348 parts at the Portland swap meet. Bought my first 59 impala at 18 and never slowed down! I currently have 3 59 Impala 2 door hardtops- a rusty parts car, a fairly solid 348 factory 4 speed project (minus eng/trans), and a daily driver 283 pg. I found a 59 Brookwood 2 door wagon in a cow pasture 2 years ago- 235 stick, and another wagon found its way in this summer, a 63 biscayne 4 door 235 stick. Somehow a 59 Buick Le Sabre 2 door hardtop also found me, and I couldn't let it go! Now for the good stuff- I picked up a 409/340 with my summer wages after high school, and later on ran across a 65 dump truck in my hometown. You guessed it- 409 truck engine in that one too. The guy was putting the dump box on a diesel rig and I talked him out of the 409. Along the way I found a trio of 348's and a complete tri-power. All before I hit 23! Couldn't have done it without taking shop class and becoming a certified welder. Well enough about me, I really like this site and hope to have one of my sisters get some pic's on here for you all.

oldskydog

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome Kid,
You've amassed quite a collection in your short life...Nice cars to work with. Sounds like you may rival ol' uncle phil pretty soon.:cool::cheers

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Oh crap, just what we need is a "Jr. Phil" on the scene!! No coast is now safe. Watch out DQ!!::roll:roll:roll

Welcome to the nut house. Sounds like your off to a good start. Send those pics in. Walt

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome aboard:clapMaybe ,just maybe Old uncle Phil might get some competition now . :dealYou've got a long way to catch up to him though.:dunno We all need lots of pics when you get started on your projects please.:cheers:cheers

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Kid:beerbang Sounds like a lot of great projects you have going. and no shop:dunno Are they all outside:cry Also sounds like you need a barn, A big one. Look forward to those pictures. Ken

Yeah, it's not very fun without a shop. The engines are stored away & I have a 14x20 garage for my driver 59. Unfortunately, the rest are outside, but tarped the best I could for now. I am thinking of selling the 59 Buick & 63 wagon to finance the shop project, if anyone might know who would want them? My plans for the rest are a straight axle 409 4 speed gasser for the Brookwood, the 409 truck engine with the tri-power and maybe a turbo 350? in my driver, and if I could ever find a third 409 put that in the 4 speed Impala with dual fours. The 4 speed car is my keeper, and with my driver car to play with I want to wait and do it right the first time on this one, for sure. I definately have enough to play with, but any suggestions are always welcome!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Oh my God its "The 409 Kid" Watch out, he's fast, real fast.....:deal Glad to meet ya Kid...Might just have to wander on down that way this next summer and see what you got layen around.....:deal