52 5 Window!

G. I. 409

Hello from Western Pa and Merry Christmas to all! I have just bought a 52 Chevy 5 Window Pickup with a 235 6 banger. The body is rock solid but the engine has a bad miss. I plan on correcting the miss over the winter. I have a 409 truck engine, that needs built, in my garage that has been sitting covered for 25 years. I bought the engine, a couple of manifolds, a tri power setup, a dragstar 8 single bbl manifold, and other items for $250 25 years ago. Some 409 and some 348 stuff. I may put the 409 in the pickup or thinking like in the 60's, maybe a 283 or 327. Any thoughts?
Hello again,
Rich

bobs409

Administrator
:welcome2

I just found a 52 Chevy pickup for sale locally the other day. I don't think it was a 5 window though. Last thing I need is another project but it has a 350 and I was thinking... a 348 would sure be more appropriate! :ok I even envisioned tri-power. :D

Whatever you decide, hang around and let us build it with you. :drive

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to this great site! That truck would certainly be a good candidate for the 409. ;):D Don't forget to post some pictures.

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Sounds cool!
Sm block is easy but your 409 would get way more attention. Welcome to the site!

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome to the site. I don't remember ever seeing a W motor in a 47-55 pick up, it would be very cool. A sub frame would make it a nice swap and drive well, too.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome aboard Rich. After you have been on this site for about 10 minutes I think you will put the sbc idea aside and decide on the 409...:deal
Yeah...............what Tripower said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the group!!! Just think...with your very first post.......with that 409 and a 52 Pickup......................you would be the only one here with that combination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow:bow:bow:appl:appl:appl

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hello from Western Pa and Merry Christmas to all! I have just bought a 52 Chevy 5 Window Pickup with a 235 6 banger. The body is rock solid but the engine has a bad miss. I plan on correcting the miss over the winter. I have a 409 truck engine, that needs built, in my garage that has been sitting covered for 25 years. I bought the engine, a couple of manifolds, a tri power setup, a dragstar 8 single bbl manifold, and other items for $250 25 years ago. Some 409 and some 348 stuff. I may put the 409 in the pickup or thinking like in the 60's, maybe a 283 or 327. Any thoughts?
Hello again,
Rich
Hello Rich , Welcome to the site. Great group here and lots of info on the "W" engine. Get in , sit down , buckle up , keep your arms inside the windows and HOLD ON . Enjoy the ride.
Back in the "OLD DAYS " I purchased a 1952 Panel delivery truck with a 216 6 cyl and a VERY BAD VIBRATION ( Engine ) After towing it home I discovered what the vibration was. THE 4 BLADE FAN ONLY HAD 3 BLADES. Swapped it for one in my stash and that truck ran like a clock for years,
:crazy:cheers