1965 Biscayne

Bernie

I'm new here. I'm building a 65 Biscayne. So I may have some Questions, like will headers from
a earlier Biscayne or Impala fit this car? It's getting a 65 truck 348 thats been worked over pretty
good, over 500 HP.

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I do know that 58-64 exhaust manifolds will not accept the 65 manifolds on the 58-64 year cars because of frame clearence problems.Whether the early models will clear the frame on the 1965 year car,I'm not sure.You will need to acquire a 65 Chevy Car 409 oil pan.The 65 pan only will work on that car,that oil pan is a step type pan.Headers may clear,I'm sure someone will chime in about them.Anyway Bernie,welcome to the sight,post some pictures of your car,we all enjoy pictures on this sight. John:clap

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Welcome Bernie, you will need manifolds for a 65, and as John said oil pan 65 only, I looked for headers to no avail. Talked to one guy that said he used block hugger headers, passenger side fit but drivers side had to be modified. If you can't find manifolds I may be able to help. Pat:beer

ctb409

Supporting Member 4
I'm new here. I'm building a 65 Biscayne. So I may have some Questions, like will headers from
a earlier Biscayne or Impala fit this car? It's getting a 65 truck 348 thats been worked over pretty
good, over 500 HP.

great stuff Bernie. In october, i drove an original 1965 biscayne 2 door 6/stick all the way from mustang oklahoma to calgary alberta. Aubrey Bruneau in Hanna Alberta should have my stroked 409 ready by april 1st. Working on the interior now. Drove it with 2 blankets on the bare spring seats. The car sat for over 10 years in the oklahoma sun. I'll post ongoing pictures soon. My engine is a '65 409 truck block with a 427 crank and ross pistons, 583 heads and the proper exhaust manifolds, intake manifold and afb for 1965. I have a 1965 muncie now until i probably blow it up. I scooped a 4 link 12 bolt out of a 1967 impala for $200. The car is original oklahoma burned white with beat up red interior. The only rust is a small hole in the passenger front pan from the heater core leak and a 1/4 inch line on the bottom of both rear qurters. Trunk and all else is clean.
Cars interiors should ave new 1965 biscayne interior door panels for us very soon. They have the carpeting and seat covers. Original 1965 409 oil pans are difficult to locate. I bought a used one from a member on this site. (remember, they only made about 2400 409's in 1965-1700 340hp and about 700 400hp) Stefs' makes a 1965 409 chrome pan if you can't find an original. The only other part i found very difficult to find is the 2 top trim pieces on the rear quarters. This car came with them but I have another '65 biscayne 2 door that needed a set.
That willow green biscayne 6/auto is for sale on kijiji and the strips go with it. (I originally wanted a white/red car) Later, I will give you the pictures of a guy on the yenko or hot rodder site that just completed a 2 year restoration of a 65 white biscayne 409 that looks like it came off the factory floor. You might want to join the full size 1965-1966 chevy club. They are also a good source for parts and info just as the 348-409 site is.
Craig Brown

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Welcome Bernie! If you're looking for manifolds and Pat can't help you post in the "Wanted" section of the site. I'm sure someone can help out. And, as John says post some pictures!

Craig,
Interesting story you have! You should start a thread in the projects section.

ctb409

Supporting Member 4
Welcome Bernie! If you're looking for manifolds and Pat can't help you post in the "Wanted" section of the site. I'm sure someone can help out. And, as John says post some pictures!

Craig,
Interesting story you have! You should start a thread in the projects section.

I will Dick, probably in a month or so. I answered this on a rented laptop in Maui. Back home in a couple of weeks, then a drive to see Aubrey. I'm a ltttle busy at home business wise but have taken pictures of the car in progress, while I'm working on it in my garage. My brother bought a black biscayne 2 door 409/400 in 1965. I still have the picture I took of it coming off the line against a '64 409 at Kohler/Cayuga dragstrip in 1965. I'm cloning this car so he can re-live back in the day.

Bernie

thanks for replies. going to try and rework some small block headers to work. My engine has 333 heads with 2.19 inlet valves and 1.72 exhaust. Eagle crank
with BB dot rods. Ross .60 over 11.5:1 pistons. Block was decked .027" to true it up. Heads worked to use 65, 409 400hp intake manifold. solid cam with 600 lift
can't wait to hit the strip !!!!

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Aaahhh another 65 Biscayne:beer I have an affliction (affection:crazy) for those. Best of luck, would like to see some pics.