1962 Valve Cover Colour & Paint

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I don't want to re-hash a debate about ...was it silver or.... was it silver with a green tint.

I want to restore a set of valve covers to the 1962 factory look. Is there a paint code or something else on the shelf ???that I can use to get close to the "green tint" look for these covers?

Ron

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Rusty.

Not so easy for me. I'm located in Ontario, Canada.

Excerpt of Show Cars Catalougue below.

Paint 29

12oz. aerosol cans, ground shipping only, sorry, US shipping only.
Need to ship to Canada.....That's why I'm looking for alternatives.

6645 62 correct original silver/gold valve cover paint... Ea. $12.92

Order Desk: 507-233-1958
(507) 354-1958 Fax- 1-800-64-SS-FAX
showcars@newulmtel.net

Rusty...thanks for your prompt reply...much appreciated.

RCE1962

Ron

mac1

Well Known Member
Ron, ask them if they will wave their mandatory signature requirement on delivery.
They have been burned a few times and they won't deliver anything here in the states unless you are there to sigh for it. I do believe if you sign a release form they will wave the signature requirement.

Rusty Everitt

Supporting Member 1
Ron,
Others have helped me on this forum and maybe I can help you. Try Mac's suggestion and if that does'nt work maybe I can get the paint and send it to you. I don't know if the cost of shipping both ways would be worth it, just another suggestion.

Rusty

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
As far as I know...it's not the signature. Either the Post Office or UPS will not ship aerosol paint cans without a hazardous material tag. I believe that is the bugaboo!!

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ron,
I could get the paint for you as well, but I'm going on holidays for a month leaving June 15.......... so I probably won't have time before I leave. If you still need it towards the end of July I'll gladly do it for you.

I live in Langley, B.C. about 5 miles from the U.S. border and have a U.S. shipping address that I use. It's a private mailbox company and it works great. I get packages sent there and then bring the stuff across myself avoiding any brokerage charges or problems with suppliers that won't ship outside of the U.S.

Dave

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks for the info guys.

Mac...I call and find out about that just to be sure.

Rusty and Dave....your offers to help are much appreciated. Let me find out about shipping costs and.... if its something that can be done at all ...like Phil said.

Ron