1962 Impala SS 409 / 409

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I'm limited to the number of images that I can post, but if more are needed, please send me you email address and I'll get you more. Please see below:

For Sale: $79,500

Dennis Jackson 203-494-3424….Call or text

1962 Impala SS, 409 Cubic Inches, 409 HP, T-10 4 Speed, 4:11 Posi

Black over NOS Golden Anniversary Gold Interior,

Frame off restoration begun in 1986 & completed 2024

ALL body panels, floors, trunk are ORIGINAL – NO HIT BODY

Almost all trim & garnish are original to the car. NOS individual components used where there were missing pieces or reproduction when NOS items could not be sourced.

Vintage Crager Mags

New Hurst Shifter Box & Linkage with Vintage type shifter handle

New Drum Brake Assemblies, Brake & Fuel Lines

BACK STORY
I saw this car in in 2010 in an auto body shop in Connecticut when I was looking at a 61 Impala. The body was on a body dolly and in bare metal with the firewall, door jams and dash painted in Anniversary Gold. The frame was in a garage and painted black resting on stands. The owner told me he had always wanted an Anniversary Gold 62 SS since he saw one in 1962. When he could finally afford one, there were none to be found, so he purchased a mint Black over Red 1962 Impala SS 327 HP & 4 Speed in 1986 and proceeded to body off restore the car to a 409 Anniversary Gold Impala. He passed before could finish it. A family friend of his son purchased 3 cars and engines and parts from the estate and proceeded to have his painter paint the exterior back to the original Black. He left the interior dash in the Gold. The car was still disassembled and the 409/409 was not run since the owner purchased it. It was an original 1962 QB, 068 engine less carbs. The transmission was the original T-10. I realize that this is all anecdotal and does not add ANY value to the car and further details can be provided if requested.

When I was sorting out the parts in my shop I found a complete Anniversary Gold interior that was sewn by CARS, Inc in 1996. It was original, NOS DuPont material and rolled stamped as such on the reverse. Unfortunately, the 80/20 Gold carpet was not there and no longer available, so an ACC Gold carpet was utilized. These ACC carpets are ill fitting at best and the weakest link in my restoration / build.

ENGINE & TRANSMISSION
The 409 long block, was one of the last engines built & ;assembled by my friend Jack Gibbs, long time W block builder. Start-Up & Tuned by Ray Whitney …..409 Wagon (DOG CATCHER) H/S Drag Racer. (Many Wally’s)

1962 409/409 HP QB block .030 over Ross 10.5 :1 Pistons

Standard 409 crank and rods

Date matching 1962 690 heads. Screw in studs, OEM rockers and balls

409 Horsepower solid lifter flat tappet cam. Ground from an Isky Blank to OEM profile. Isky Solid flat tappet lifters. Isky Poly locks over stock rockers.

1962 dated OEM 881 Aluminum Intake.

Correct 3361 & 3362 AFB Carbs with identical 1962 Dates & Revision letter

Correct OEM Fuel Filter and fittings. OEM Throttle linkage (no re-pop)

MINT OEM valve covers (dripper) painted over 25 years ago with the correct GM silver cover paint. (Not Show Cars)

553 Bellhousing with several NOS clutch components

BW T-10 transmission dissembled by Ray Whitney. Almost no wear. Cleaned and re-assembled with new synchronizers. BUTTER SMOOTH

BODY
Car is rust free with all original body panels, floors, rockers and trunk, Body was media blasted, No fillers & laser straight – Reproduction bumpers – NOS (License Plate) Panels – No front bumper steel support was used. (Didn’t have one). Original tinted glass retained where possible and may have some minor scratches. The vent windows were restored using OEM frames with new window channels and seals by Auto City Classic Glass and are mint.

FRAME
Minty, desirable box frame. Perfect, sand blasted and painted. Straight and square

This car was assembled as a “Day 2 Car” with a radio, clock and heater delete. Original tach is mounted but not connected as I did not have a fender mount transmitter. However, I have a complete NOS tach and transmitter updated by Williamson that we can talk about. I have the original complete heater system to be included. Original clock included. NOS windshield wiper arms & NOS wiper blades will be included. Restored heater fan / air controls is mounted in dash already. Complete, original, bumper jack and spare tire assembly is included and in excellent condition. No rim, but new, never mounted 15 inch tire is included. The 4 original spinner hubcaps are included. Spinners are pitting and need replaced. American Auto Wire throughout. If you are looking for a points show car with perfection, this one is not for you. This car is not perfect and not being represented as such.

I utilized original equipment with imperfections throughout this build to keep it as OEM as I could. I know, without ANY reservation, you could not replicate this car and build for less than my asking price. This is a driver that you can improve if you wish with very little effort.

Attachments

• IMG_3129.jpg
    IMG_3129.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2992.jpeg
    IMG_2992.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2996.jpeg
    IMG_2996.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2544.jpeg
    IMG_2544.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1019.jpeg
    IMG_1019.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2565.jpeg
    IMG_2565.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2567.jpeg
    IMG_2567.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2568.jpeg
    IMG_2568.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2570.jpeg
    IMG_2570.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2573.jpeg
    IMG_2573.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 89

409envy

Well Known Member
I'd buy this car in a heartbeat but I'm about $75k short of your asking price.... another stunning finished product Dennis as always. I'm sure you will have a buyer in no time.