1960 Pontiac Ventura

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Don't kid yourself, yea it's suppose to go that way, but it only seems to do it if the person ( you ) knows what they are doing. Great job.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8

And, Pontiac used aluminum fuel lines so if you aren't careful they can get kinked and out of shape real easy.

Hey Dan,
Remember our conversation about aluminum fuel lines that Pontiac used? I found out that In Line Tunes has the Pontiac tri power lines in stainless steel. I just put a set on my 61 Ventura, they aren't correct but I belive I like them better than aluminum.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I don't know why the photo didn't load last time but here are the stainless lines

Attachments

• 20150829_151434.jpg
    20150829_151434.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 49

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Dan,
Remember our conversation about aluminum fuel lines that Pontiac used? I found out that In Line Tunes has the Pontiac tri power lines in stainless steel. I just put a set on my 61 Ventura, they aren't correct but I belive I like them better than aluminum.
Yep Tommy I remember, those look nice. I will try my aluminum and if I have any issues will look at In Line Tube. Thanks for the heads up.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:goodpost Very nice car. I love it. Thanks for posting the pics. I guess my Pontiac side seems to be showing more and more these days. Although I still believe Chevy is my firsts brand, Pontiac is a very close second, and of course I like many cars in most American brands, and few outside.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Neat car. Looks like a 2dr sedan and its hard to tell from the pics but it almost looks like it has stainless trim around the window frames? If so I have never seen that.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Well so much for the stainless fuel lines, never could stop them from leaking, couldn't tighten enough to crush the flares. Took the damn things off and put the aluminum lines back on. About 80 bucks down the drain

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Boy am I glad you tested those stainless steel fuel lines for me Tommy...:poke Guess there is a reason for the aluminum.
I wonder if you contacted in line tube and told them you couldn't get them to not leak if they would refund your purchase? I sure would give it a try.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I finished up the metal work yesterday then figured I better clean the shop this morning before I started the body work. Finished cleaning the shop went to lunch, and I did watch the Peoples Court during lunch Phil, came back and started spreading bondo. I am using the 3M Platinum Plus. Never used it before but a couple buddies recommended it and it works nice. There is not a whole lot of body work on this rig so hopfully this stage of the project will go fairly fast.

3M Platinum Plus 01131.jpg

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Dan,
You asked for a photo of my 8 lug wheels. This would be the correct wheel for your 60. This wheel was used on the 60 and early 61 cars. They are very difficult to find and expensive when you do find them. These are on my Ventura, my Catalina has the other style wheel which is correct for cars produced later in the year. I'll get a photo of the Cat wheels so you can see the difference.

Attachments

• 20150908_192529.jpg
    20150908_192529.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 40

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Dan..............I thought you were a Judge Judy person??????????????? Judge Joe Brown just got out of jail...think it was a contempt of court thingee.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan..............I thought you were a Judge Judy person??????????????? Judge Joe Brown just got out of jail...think it was a contempt of court thingee.
No Judge Judy doesn't do much from me but judge Marilyn Milian she is cool...

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan,
You asked for a photo of my 8 lug wheels. This would be the correct wheel for your 60. This wheel was used on the 60 and early 61 cars. They are very difficult to find and expensive when you do find them. These are on my Ventura, my Catalina has the other style wheel which is correct for cars produced later in the year. I'll get a photo of the Cat wheels so you can see the difference.
Great Tommy, I would like to see the other wheels so I can see the difference. I did know that 60 was the first year for the 8-lugs and they were different then the later years but did not know the difference.