1960 Pontiac Ventura

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks good Dan... :beer I like that fixture you have.. Looks like it could have many other uses...:rub
I got tired of rolling the third members around on the work bench. I was going to make one then I decided to just buck up and buy it. It's a Mark Williams Bench Mule. Can also be used foe tranys and all kinds of stuff.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I finished up the back half Sunday then started on the front end and wrapped it up today. Just have to install the new driveline, flexible brake lines and, brackets for the E-brake. Mike's (58delivery) brakes on the front with Scarebird brackets on stock spindels, 1le Comaro/Firebird rotors with 69-72 GTO calipers. https://scarebird.com/ along with my 2" stepped lower control arm. I also sent my stock rear coil springs out to Coil Spring Specialties in Arkansas and had a custom set of springs made that drop the ass 2". I used all NOS replacement suspension parts on this build. Looks like we got a roller...:brow Here's a few pics.

20150628_165411.jpg 20150628_165356.jpg 20150628_165331.jpg 20150628_165242.jpg 20150630_114438.jpg 20150630_183854.jpg

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Moving right along on the body. The last two weeks I have been scraping undrcoating ND seam sealer. Then yesterday I presure washed the body. I'm having one of those dustless blaster guys come in and blast the body with fine glass. I wanted all the undercoating and seam sealer out so Ihe doesn't have to work it and I get a real lean job. This body is in amazingly good condition. Here are a few pics.
20150805_165550.jpg 20150804_095342.jpg 20150721_190026.jpg

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great job. It is scarey how you have done so much, so well in so little time. You have done more since you started that car than I did with my Pontiac in 10 years. Do you offer classes? :bow Outstanding job. I think because I have a love for Pontiacs, I should get me one of those Canadian Pontiacs 409, versions. That way I would have the some of the best of both worlds.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great job. It is scarey how you have done so much, so well in so little time. You have done more since you started that car than I did with my Pontiac in 10 years. Do you offer classes? :bow Outstanding job. I think because I have a love for Pontiacs, I should get me one of those Canadian Pontiacs 409, versions. That way I would have the some of the best of both worlds.
Thanks for the complement. I'm hoping to have this project done by the first of the year. There is a add on craigslist for two Canadian 60 Pontiac convertibles...:brow

Last edited:

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for the complement. I'm hoping to have this project done by the first of the year. There is a add on craigslist for two Canadian 60 Pontiac convertibles...:brow

Have you done a convertible yet Dan?;);)

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
That, is Totally Awesome.:clap I'm sure, doing that kind of work, will bring a Quick "Cease and Desist" letter, if a person lives in the city, or village. :( Where I live, I have to hide, whenever I have a project going on. Some of our neighbors, don't like me, because I like to mess with cars and bikes. They hide behind their curtains, and try to see, what I'm doing.:finger

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Skip. My closest neighbor is about a 1/4 mile away through the woods and out of sight but I am sure they could hear what was going on as he is also a car guy as most of my neighbors are.