1960 Pontiac Ventura

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well I sprayed the first color on the project today in the trunk. The inner wheel house, front and rear panels had the body color, while outer wheel house and quarts were undercoated, I will substitute truck bed liner in liew of undercoating and use it on the floor pan as well. Here are a few pics.

20151005_173420.jpg 20151005_173430.jpg 20151005_173600.jpg

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very nice. Thanks for keeping us up to date. I am kinda living vicariously through you on this build. Every time I look at a picture of my last Pontiac that I was restoring, I kick myself for letting it go. However realistically I didn't have the room for both at the time. At least that is the excuse I am sticking too. :D

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I did base coat clear coat then blocked it out wet with 1000 then shot 3-more coats of clear today. Tomorrow I will mask off the body and get it ready to shoot the red oxide floorpans. I'm using a single stage with a flatner for a 60% gloss.

20151022_124421.jpg 20151022_151107.jpg 20151022_151052.jpg 20151022_151236.jpg

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Dan:

I need to find some of that energy you seem to have an abundance of :)

I'm currently doing "inside the house" room painting, and after just two days I need to take several days off :).

Nice work on the '60, keep us posted as she moves down the line (don't we wish!).

Cheers!
TomK

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice job Dan,

Paint it Red to please every one else, paint it Black to please your self :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
Looks great Dan!
Dan:

I need to find some of that energy you seem to have an abundance of :)

I'm currently doing "inside the house" room painting, and after just two days I need to take several days off :).

Nice work on the '60, keep us posted as she moves down the line (don't we wish!).

Cheers!
TomK
Thanks guys, I am closing in on it...:D Once the floor pans are done I will roll her back over and paint the dash, garnish moldings, heater and column and assemble then set the body back on the chassis.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Geezzz Dan, No fly's on you is there. :laugh2. Obviously time is not standing still at your place.
Things are looking awesome.

Gav

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Did you paint right there ? How do you keep the overspray off that clean shop ? Maybe if I had a clean shop I could get more work done...

Bill