1960 chevy impala drag car

keith domijan

Hi everybody i like to introduce myself. My name is Kieth and Im from center line Mi.milan 2012 1.jpg 60 chevy time slip.jpg I have been drag racing my 60 chevy since 2007. Still has x frame and 2 piece driveshaft. been working on 10.00 flats for awhile finally getting closer. Im running a stroked 454c.u. witch is now a 498c.u. I tried many ways to get there and spent lots of time. never even thought of back halfing the car. here's my latest time slip.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Welcome to the site. Dave (RoyalOak62) is just west of your city. Plus other Michigan members.
10.13 is really flying. Take a look at our race at 348409 Drag Racing at Bowling Green, Ky. next June.
Paul

keith domijan

Thanks for the nice welcome. I was afraid to post on this forum, since im not running a 348 or 409. I IMG_3273.JPG Had a nice 348 in car at one time then went 409. then i decided to do some drag racing and at that time edelbrock was just starting to possibly make aftermarket heads. I didnt want to destroy a nice 409 engine so i opted for a big block chevy. heres a pic of interior.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hi everybody i like to introduce myself. My name is Kieth and Im from center line Mi.View attachment 49283 View attachment 49285 I have been drag racing my 60 chevy since 2007. Still has x frame and 2 piece driveshaft. been working on 10.00 flats for awhile finally getting closer. Im running a stroked 454c.u. witch is now a 498c.u. I tried many ways to get there and spent lots of time. never even thought of back halfing the car. here's my latest time slip.
Very nice 60 you have! No reason to back half an X frame my best 60ft is 1.28

keith domijan

By the way i needed to express my displeasure with the global west rear suspension kit. Was told it would handle drag racing my 60 chevy at 4000 lbs with me in it on transbrake at 5000 rpm launch. 3rd pass and this is the results. Felt like i was at cedar pointe amusement part on a ride LOL. Broke left rear coilover and much more._MG_7007.JPG

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I caught your "Cedar Point" reference, having grown up in the Cleveland area :).

Nice launch!

TomK