1958 348 ENGINE FOR SALE

HELLO. NEW TO THIS SITE.....VERY COOL!! I MANAGED TO ACCIDENTLY ACQUIRE A
1958 348 MOTOR DURING A PURCHASE ON A CHEVELLE RECENTLY. THE MOTOR IS A
BUILDER, TURNS OVER, COMPLETE MINUS CARB AND DISTRIBUTOR. IT IS BONE STOCK
AND APPEARS TO HAVE NEVER BEEN APART....ORIGINAL INTAKE, EXHAUST MANIFOLDS,
VALVE COVERS....EVEN HAS THE GLASS FUEL FILTER ATTACHED. MOTOR HAS BEEN
SITTING IN BACK OF SHOP FOR MANY YEARS. BLOCK CASTING#3751872 WHICH I UNDERSTAND IS A ONE YEAR BLOCK ONLY. FRONT PAD # T324G. I'M INTERESTED
IN OFFERS..........NOT LOOKING FOR A TON OF MONEY......JUST SOMETHING FAIR.
I'M IN NORTH FLORIDA AND CANNOT SHIP. MOTOR IS IN NORTH ALABAMA AT
FRIENDS SHOP. THANKS!! OH....IT IS 4 BARRELL SET-UP.

I have NO IDEA why people in the past, who even SEE these engines, feel compelled to remove the distributor, and get rid of it... leaving the rest of the engine complete ?????:dunno:bang.... they are unique to the W block, and there doesn't seem to be a real decent, stock configuartion, new distributor available:rub
What I'm saying is, if you can locate the distributor, it will attract more buyers, and help get a decent price.

YEAH....GOOD POINT. MY 409 DOSEN'T HAVE THE DISTRIBUTOR EITHER. SO......WHAT ARE MOST OF YOU GUYS RUNNING FOR A DISTRIBUTOR? I'VE HEARD BAD FEEDBACK ON
MSD SET-UPS. JUST FOR A GOOD STREET MOTOR......WHAT DO YOU GUYS LIKE? THANKS

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I use a stock type distributor with a crane electronic module that replaces the points, works on hal effect. As the RPM increases so does the spark.

Jim Bradford

Lindsey, Sorry I didn't give you more information about myself and what I have. I have a 58 impala that I restored a about 10 years ago. It's a one of a kind as it was the incentive award from general motors for the top salesman of the year. Soon after I restored it a little old farmer ran over the front end with a very large tractor and took off the right front end. The previous owner had changed the engine for 69 350. Now I'm trying to get back to the 348. I live in Montgomery Alabama and it would be great to find one this close.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Jim,
that post is from 2012.
Also post in the wanted section and more members should see that you are looking for a 348.

Paul

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Lindsey, Sorry I didn't give you more information about myself and what I have. I have a 58 impala that I restored a about 10 years ago. It's a one of a kind as it was the incentive award from general motors for the top salesman of the year. Soon after I restored it a little old farmer ran over the front end with a very large tractor and took off the right front end. The previous owner had changed the engine for 69 350. Now I'm trying to get back to the 348. I live in Montgomery Alabama and it would be great to find one this close.
That's a very old post Jim not sure where your from but there are a couple on craigslist around Cleveland ohio

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Hi Jim. Welcome to the site. Sounds like you have a good story to tell us. You might want to start a new thread here on
" Introduce Yourself" and tell everyone what you have and what you need besides the want ads.