1964 Chevrolet Impala 2-Door Coupe 409 4 speed

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
That's not a 409 fan shroud is it? If not that's a question of a factory 409?????

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
64 409 fan shrouds look like cut down 327 fan shrouds with the tall ribs.
one year only 409 shroud

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Based on todays prices, I'd say it's a pretty good deal if it passes the "in person" eyeball test. Not a real 409 car

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
The air cleaner looks correct for 64, the tube at the back of the air cleaner to intake also looks correct, the oil cap (chrome with dimple) looks correct. The hose from the oil fill tube to the back of carb looks correct. I don't see the glass fuel filter or a return line which all 64 409's had. No clutch fan. Did Chevy have different shroud suppliers? Some maybe had large ribs? I have never seen one with the large ribs except small block.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Here is the correct 1964 409 fan shroud. just as I noted above -looks like a narrow small block shroud as I stated -it does look like a 61 to 63 409 fan shroud - 1964 409 shroud is a one year only shroud

this one is original restored from Show Cars Inc (who sells original correct parts for 409s)

they list the 409 shroud " SHOW CARS # 7785 1964 ONE YEAR ONLY 409 CHEVY BIG CORE RADIATOR FAN SHROUD RECONDITIONED IN STOCK READY TO SHIP

Here is a 2nd one from Southeast Chevy Parts (this is Danny Howells company -the founder of the 58-64 Late Great Chevy club
Again they do not sell incorrect parts....

Paul

Reactions: 327

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 16
The one in the Shaker looks like Ron's but only has three holes on the mount flange.

Reactions: 327