Real 61 SS on Craigslist Michigan

DaveN

Well Known Member
There is a real 1961 SS Impala on FB Marketplace now. I know the car and it was verified by Vern as the real deal My friend Dave Gillespie owned it from Petersburg Mi. It is now owned by Dave Timoszyk ftom Westland Mi. This car is an original 350HP car and has its original engine. It is black on red and has never been restored I would say it is 99.9 % rust free its a good car. His number is 734 721 4125. If you want to call me first I am yet another Dave haha 734 347 4490 I wish I could swing it I have known this car for a long time.

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
I wish they posted a photo of the cowl tag, I'd love to record this one in the database but the ad won't let me ask for a cowl tag photo.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I wish they posted a photo of the cowl tag, I'd love to record this one in the database but the ad won't let me ask for a cowl tag photo.
You can call him directly number is posted above for owner and Dave n .

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Here is the letter from Verne sorry and I don't know why I never took a picture of the cowl tag or if I did I sure can't find it.
Can you call the owner to take a picture then post it here for carl??

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Original red interior, with a blue door panel :dunno
That interior condition really brings it down, let alone the peeling paint.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
If I had that car I would do the interior ,seat covers, door panels don't know about carpet. Get a repro trunk emblem save old one , do the trunk spatter ,and leave the exterior paint alone unless some rust might come in some areas. You can get original lacquer black paint as my cousin did on his 57 bel air.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It's not so easy from Australia and it costs a fortune to call because international text doesn't work for some unknown reason.
I ran into strange tech issues when my girlfriend was teaching in Japan. We talked on the phone all of the time and it was cheapest if she called from a payphone outside of her apartment and used a prepaid phone card. Text messages didn't work for our phones either. We also did online video chat long before anyone really understood it back in 2001. It was free and we could also see each other. Granted the picture quality was really really bad. I still have those web cameras from 2001 setting in a box.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Got off on tangent there. My question is why would anyone order the 350hp with power brakes, power steering? The most HP with a 4spd but you want options that pull performance down? What are the casting numbers on the back of that 348? Date codes and such? Anyone have extra photos of the engine?