Ol' Skool headers

awsumcars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I'm starting to put an old '62 Impala together that was raced and put to pasture early in it's life. It had headers that exited into the wheel wells, obviously from the cut out areas. First I would like to know what type of headers they may have been, and secondly, I'd like to find a pair to keep the car as it was, and of course use the cut-out inner fenders.

I do have a pair of ol' Hooker's that I can use, but would like to trade, barter or purchase the fender exits if possible. Will be at Tri-State and Rock Falls races coming up, to eliminate shipping.

See ya's at the races coming up.... :winner :dance :burnout

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Glad you're coming to Tri-State Joel. I added you to the racer list a while back.

awsumcars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Do you have any photos of the car…historic or current? Know it’s history? We enjoy old race cars
The only thing I know about the car is that it spent it's life in Georgia. The individual I purchased it from didn't know anything about the car. It's kinda like the engine and tranny got pulled and just sat. The driveshaft and bell crank are still there. Is there anyway to find out if it was a 380 or 409 hp car?

Attachments

• IMG_3873.JPG
    IMG_3873.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3879.JPG
    IMG_3879.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3887.JPG
    IMG_3887.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 23

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
There were a couple well known 2X4 holds of productions for that model year. A friend of mine ordered a 62 during that last hold and could not get the car scheduled as it finally arrived as a 63. He wasn’t too happy!
Robert