Wilson headers, how low?

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Although I don't have a pic handy, my builder thinks they are bit close to the ground.
That said, I'm not going to change out the large tube header for something else. The quality seems too good and I've had them since 2019.
I'm just curious if anyone else who has Wilson headers seems to think they might hang close to the ground.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
There is no way Wilson Headers are two close to the ground. I have a Wilson set of 2 " tube headers on my 62 SS 409 Hardtop.
See my attached pictures of my aluminized exhaust and my jet coated Wilson headers that were a bolt in place without modifications
for the frame, starter, or factory clutch linkage
I have never hit anything driving the car on the street after for at least 3 years after installation.
My muffler mount were factory exhaust was mounted without big tube headers.
I have 3" caps to remove added to my Wilson Headers for occasional drag strip use. Never hit those caps even loading in
my enclosed trailer.
Paul

IMG_0094.JPGIMG_0095.JPGIMG_0098.JPGIMG_0101.JPG

See my pictures IMG_0084.JPG

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
There is no way Wilson Headers are two close to the ground. I have a Wilson set of 2 " tube headers on my 62 SS 409 Hardtop.
See my attached pictures of my aluminized exhaust and my jet coated Wilson headers that were a bolt in place without modifications
for the frame, starter, or factory clutch linkage
I have never hit anything driving the car on the street after for at least 3 years after installation.
My muffler mount were factory exhaust was mounted without big tube headers.
I have 3" caps to remove added to my Wilson Headers for occasional drag strip use. Never hit those caps even loading in
my enclosed trailer.
Paul

View attachment 148671View attachment 148672View attachment 148673View attachment 148674

See my pictures View attachment 148670

I'm with Paul on this as the Wilson header is the best fitting header I have ever used and I have never scraped a single time since I have installed them.

Thanks for the feedback with experience!

Mine probably sit at the same height.
I do know my front coil overs aren't installed correctly for the moment and the tires are 35+ years old and aren't fully inflated. I'm sure this is exaggerating the ground clearance.

Paul - what size front wheel are you running?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have Billet Specialties 16” rims ( you can see them in my avatar picture).
Tires are radial 26.2 inch diameter on the 16” rims - original tires ( 800-14 ) we’re about 27 inch diameter

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have Billet Specialties 16” rims ( you can see them in my avatar picture).
Tires are radial 26.2 inch diameter on the 16” rims - original tires ( 800-14 ) we’re about 27 inch diameter
Perfect!
I'm looking at a similarly sized tire.
Thanks Paul!

Mark Wilson

Well Known Member
I do not recommend them on lowered cars. The front end of these beasts are quite heavy. Really good shocks are a must if you do. Bottoming out generally does not come on the initial dip in the road but on the rebound.

I know several customers have used them with the 2" drop spindles without problems. Just use caution entering intersections with big dips and drives with steep approaches and you should be fine.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I do not recommend them on lowered cars. The front end of these beasts are quite heavy. Really good shocks are a must if you do. Bottoming out generally does not come on the initial dip in the road but on the rebound.

I know several customers have used them with the 2" drop spindles without problems. Just use caution entering intersections with big dips and drives with steep approaches and you should be fine.
Thanks for the confirmation @Mark Wilson!

As you can see, we love your product!!!