my '61 sport roof Impala

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
a few years ago I bought a totally original '61 impala...been collecting parts for the build and it seems most of what I require I now own...bought an entire 477ci. motor with all the good forged parts short of the camshaft, bearings, and a few external parts...Jim Sullivan sent me my cowl induction a while ago and a few days ago Mark Wilson told me he had 1 set of 409/2" tube headers he was offering to me...it's been so long I forgot writing him...anywho, once I finish selling my commercial real estate I will bring it into my working shop and begin the tear down and then the build...too much going on at the moment to start another project but I am looking forward to what will surely be my last build...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I got an email from Wilson headers about a week ago asking me if I still wanted one for the car that I’m building. It’s been so long since I ordered them. I forgot about the order. They came shipped directly to my house with no flaws of broken pieces And I haven’t paid for him yet. Once the final price is determined for the shipping. I’ll write a check and shoot it all out. I sure wish I knew somebody down in Florida area that was a depth at building 409 motors. I’ve built dozens of big block Chevrolet, but nothing in the W series…

Attachments

• IMG_2868.jpeg
    IMG_2868.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 12

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I agree, 100%. I’ve learned through the years that I don’t go to get something jet coated unless I’ve tried the fitment and make sure that I don’t need to put dimples in something… it’s been years since I’ve jet coded anything and I’m wondering how much it’s going to cost me… Paul, I still have that box of Bell housing parts to make an automatic car four speed along with the pedals and everything else you sent me years ago…

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I agree, 100%. I’ve learned through the years that I don’t go to get something jet coated unless I’ve tried the fitment and make sure that I don’t need to put dimples in something… it’s been years since I’ve jet coded anything and I’m wondering how much it’s going to cost me… Paul, I still have that box of Bell housing parts to make an automatic car four speed along with the pedals and everything else you sent me years ago…
I had my Wilson headers sent directly to a Jet Coating company in Oklahoma from Wilson - then they sent my headers to me after coating.
The reason was his 409 headers were tested on 61 to 64 Chevys with a 409 motor by Wilson when he started making the headers ( no fit problems after this testing while making the headers) and many forum members who had zero fit problems during the first few years when he was doing 409 headers every month.
if can remember the company I had do my headers , I got a quote before I had them done.

time to use my 4 speed conversion parts