1977 Trans Am, special edition, Mecum auctions, Harrisburg, July 27 lot number S229

Well Known Member
This is my 77 special edition at my father bought back in 77. I posted this on YouTube two weeks ago that was a cold start. If you listen closely the passenger muffler is finished the baffle inside the muffler has gotten loose. I had installed Hedman headers back in 1987 but now since muffler has to be changed I’m gonna go to Gardner Exhaust and install a correct exhaust system back to original. I still have the original exhaust manifolds and catalytic converter. Next step will be to buy new correct reproduction Goodyear steel belted tires with raised white lettering.

cdb

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I had a dark brown metallic 77 T/A in high school. Was a cool car. I bought it as a year old trade in from a Subaru dealer in Bridgeport. Wish I still had it.

DaveN

Well Known Member
I was just going to say the wheels were not original on the video car. My brother had a special edition Black with black vinyl interior automatic hurst tops and a 6.6 liter he did not have the TA 6.6. I loved that car it was just regular back then he sold it and bought a 79 Z28 4 speed car. He always had cool cars.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Just curious are those cars faked as much as a 61 Impala SS? I have only seen a handful of real 61 SS cars in my “run”
Robert

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Not that I have seen.There is a company called PHS that if you send the vin they will send you a copy of the build sheet with options,colors,what motor,build date,ship date,dealership destination,and price.The vin is also stamped on the back of the pass. side of the engine firewall.
He worked for Pontiac records and his boss told him one day to throw all of the micro fiche files into the dumpster
He went out after work and rescued them all.

427John

Well Known Member
This is my 77 special edition at my father bought back in 77. I posted this on YouTube two weeks ago that was a cold start. If you listen closely the passenger muffler is finished the baffle inside the muffler has gotten loose. I had installed Hedman headers back in 1987 but now since muffler has to be changed I’m gonna go to Gardner Exhaust and install a correct exhaust system back to original. I still have the original exhaust manifolds and catalytic converter. Next step will be to buy new correct reproduction Goodyear steel belted tires with raised white lettering.
Are you going to use the stock manifolds or a set of d-port Ram Air-3 manifolds?

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That was me and my homies a couple years ago just before a drive by. I am surprised you got that footage from the Feds. I have since been rehabilitated. I also got a haircut and a real job.
“Rehabilitated”