Freshened up the motor

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Got the motor in the Impala freshened up. Cam is broke in, and all is well. Have about 40 minutes of run time on it. Cut the oil filter apart and it was nice and clean inside. Checked Valve lash and readjusted two. Will be bringing it home next week for detail and paint while I wait for my headers to come back from Jet Hot. The pistons in this motor are still the same pistons I put in it 20+ years ago. After the cylinder hone we were a bit large on cylinder clearance so I had the pistons line to line coated .0025. Replaced the cam with an identical one. No surprises except had to reseal one head bolt as it was weeping. Hope to install the motor in the car in a few weeks. same combo on the motor, just some new parts.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Everything looked so good, we never changed the combo at all. After the hone, we had .001 more piston to cylinder clearance than we had when it was originally assembled. That’s why we tightened it up a bit. Probably would have been fine as is, but what the hell, it was apart. Just glad it all went smooth. No drama.