62 H.S. Car

62 H.S. Car

Getting my first car (that I drove in high school) 62 SS 327 (2) door hardtop back on the road after 30+ years in dry storage. Always wanted a floor shift car - so we went TREMEC 5 speed. Had a N.O.S. 4 speed column, we had multiple original shift plates to choose from, so car has a correct shift plate non-reproduction, also had factory original tachometer and EB9A sending units - car is coming together real nice at Kugel Komponents, La Habra, CA. Kugel updated all suspension - coil overs up front, Willwood brakes all around, J & S Gear in H.B., CA built us a narrowed 12 bolt - 3.73:1 rearend, keeping the car as stock as possible, but some small mods had to be made - really excited to get her back on the road again. My family has had several 409 cars thru the years and I lost the passion after my fathers passing back in 1993, so all the cars have been indoors and not used for 30 + years. It has been a real joy getting back into the car, we have so many rare parts from our swap meet and junk yard scouring days back in the 80's and early 90's...... and some are finally being used for their original purpose. This forum has really helped me find pics and dialogue to put parts in their correct place.
Thank you, Dan
62 1.jpg

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 16
If you are that devoted to posting you can start the story in the builds and projects forums and don't forget the pictures. :good